News from SgtWookie

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
That leads to the obvious conclusion that he has resistance to spending too much time in the hospital.
He may be bipolar but an integrated approach is needed to increase his capacitance for getting oxygen enriched blood to his heart muscles.

Yeah! I know it's hokey. Please forgive me Sgt.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
Wookie,
Sending you healthy thoughts and the stamina to endure the misery associated with "getting better". Beenthere was tormented by the hiccups after the surgery as well. I had hoped you would be spared that particular affliction.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You guys are making Sgt an android or somethin'

Hey, not a bad idea.

Cause he will be the only one running the forum near the end of everything.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I finally do not have the hiccups! Yay!

They gave me something (Thorazine, perhaps?) that pretty much knocked me out for ~5-6 hours.

I'd sent a note to Bill_Marsden about spammers, received a short phone call from 1chance, and had been incommunicado until just now.

They have unplogged my room phone so that I can get rest. Not sure when it will be reconnected.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Excellent news, it's probably more fun being unconscious if you are still in a lot of pain. I'm guessing the computer setup is too primitive to do Skype.
Take it easy.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I finally do not have the hiccups! Yay!

They gave me something (Thorazine, perhaps?) that pretty much knocked me out for ~5-6 hours.

I'd sent a note to Bill_Marsden about spammers, received a short phone call from 1chance, and had been incommunicado until just now.

They have unplogged my room phone so that I can get rest. Not sure when it will be reconnected.
What about the fever?

And did they "unplug" you yet? Did they get all those components removed you were trying to smuggle in? :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Not sure if this is a serious question or not, and if so, I don't know what you're talking about
A electronics related reference to your blockage problem.

See post #80 for your CT scan. If your sides still hurt maybe you don't want to look. Or maybe it is not all that funny. :)

Good to hear about the fever or lack of!

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Hi Sarge;

I was lurking and I noticed you were in for a 100,000 mile check-up... I hope your starting to feel more like yourself.

True fact, My gym coach in middle school had a bypass back in the mid seventies. He had just came back to work after the surgery, and proudly displayed his HUGE scar for us little kids. I was talking to a friend a month or so ago, and he said "Sparky" was still doing eighteen holes on the golfcourse!!! He would have to be in his late eighties by now...:eek:

Keep yer chin up and yer eyes on those nurses!!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Sgtwookie!

I was Not aware of your health condition and it is funny how I found out...
A few minutes ago I was like: "it been a while since I saw wookie postings...lemme check how he's doing..." Then I checked u on my contacts...and I was shocked and surprised...

But I'm Happy that you making progress... I wish you a speedy recovery and will keep you in my prayers. May God assists you!

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
It is wonderful that modern medical procedures have allowed many of us oldies to survive.

A couple of years ago I had a heart attack at home (if I was out walking my dog then I would not be alive now) and my wife quickly drove me to the local hospital where they temporarily opened my blocked heart arteries with drugs then did an operation (angioplasy) to permanently open two blocked arteries. The surgeon did not cut me open with a chainsaw, he did the operation with a small thin snake poked through a small hole in me. I watched and felt it a little. I healed from the operation in only a few hours.

Later tests showed that I was fixed fast enough so there was no damage to my heart. Now I am better than new.

The Canadian government medical system charged me only a few dollars to pay for renting the phone in my hospital room. Now they pay for my blood pressure reduction drug, heart rate reduction drug and cholesterol reduction drug (I pay nothing). The government also pays for my bi-yearly visits to my heart surgeon but recently I graduated to yearly visits.

I hope Wookie's progress is similar to mine.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Good to hear you are on the mend Wookie. No more hiccups. That's great.

I went to my Toasmasters meeting tonight and I was in stitches, literally, because it was too painful for me to laugh. I had a nasty fall this past weekend and ended up in ER with a bruised rib. It is quite painful when I cough, sneeze or laugh!

Hang in there. Brighter days ahead. Looking forward to a good laugh soon.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
You must be feeling better if your faulty glasses are the main thing holding you back, which is good to hear. Funny you should mention that though: my spectacles fell apart the last time I was laid up in hospital. A helpful chap was able to supply me with a small screwdriver to tighten them up again - mercifully the screw had not been lost.

The challenge was trying to work on something I could not see properly, but many of us who have fiddled about with electronics will be familiar with that sort of thing. Perhaps I'll take a spare pair next time I have to go in.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Well, a screw fell out of the frame of my new glasses, so now one of the lenses won't stay in.

That's a big bart of why I have not been on much today. The other is, not much change to report. Things are improving though.

Might be able to get something done about the glasses tomorrow during the day.

Any nerd knows that electrical tape is the perfect fix for that problem. :)

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I usually use a bit of solid core wire through the holes and twisted around, it does a good job for a temporary fix. (Just checked that none of my screws are loose).