New "Gizmo" Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

roylong2017

Joined Feb 21, 2017
I have a solid state "gizmo" that is producing 2.250 volts DC and is lighting (dimly) a LED. But the unit is "floating" on a rechargeable battery. (It's been running for months under a Faraday Cage) See attached diagram.

The LED goes out when I try to remove the battery.

I calculate that the gizmo is producing 4.5 milliwatts based on the voltage x .002 amps minimum to keep the LED lit.

Question: What size capacitor do I need to replace the battery?

Thanks!

Attachments

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I have a solid state "gizmo" that is producing 2.250 volts DC and is lighting (dimly) a LED. But the unit is "floating" on a rechargeable battery. (It's been running for months under a Faraday Cage) See attached diagram.

The LED goes out when I try to remove the battery.

I calculate that the gizmo is producing 4.5 milliwatts based on the voltage x .002 amps minimum to keep the LED lit.

Question: What size capacitor do I need to replace the battery?

Thanks!
How long will the capacitor be in place to substitute the battery.
Are you sure about 2mA? On some LEDs, I can see the P/N junction glow all the way down to 100 microamps - and less.

roylong2017

Joined Feb 21, 2017
How long will the capacitor be in place to substitute the battery.
Are you sure about 2mA? On some LEDs, I can see the P/N junction glow all the way down to 100 microamps - and less.
Thanks for your response. The capacitor would conceivably replace the battery for good. The LED I have had a label of being .18 watts at 9v. My research, however limited, led me to believe that the LED goes out below 2 milliamps.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What makes you think a capacitor can replace a battery? They have entirely different behaviors.
If the capacitor can replace the battery, why does the value matter?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
How big is the battery you want to replace? Nominal voltage? Rating in A-h or mA-h? Chemistry? Is 2.25 V the battery output voltage?

Based on the trivially small amount of information we have so far, your battery capacity is around 5 A-h at some unknown voltage. Without the voltage, we cannot determine the total energy in W-h. Without that, we cannot calculate the equivalent capacitor size. Hint: it is very large.

ak

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The LED I have had a label of being .18 watts at 9v. My research, however limited, led me to believe that the LED goes out below 2 milliamps.
9 V x 2 mA = 18 mW, not 180 mW. Something is off by a factor of 10.

Or are you saying that the normal LED current is 20 mA?

ak

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Let me put a fine point on my inquiry: is this an “over unity” device?
No, it is likely a rectenna. A battery or capacitor (or possibly even a resistor) must work with the rectifying element (LED). The LED turns off when the battery is removed because the circuit is no longer a circuit - it becomes an open circuit.

roylong2017

Joined Feb 21, 2017
Thank you all for your responses. Yes. The "Gizmo" does have a capacitor in its internal circuit. So, I guess that's why it turns off when disconnected from the battery. Thank you for that. I was suspecting that.
This is new technology that I'm developing. The unit has been validated by a university in the UK. Soon to be tested for scalability.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
You mean to tell me that a Gizmo Generator is not a well-defined and understood technical term. I'm positively mortified.
it does seem to be in the argot of the free energy crowd, though it does not seem to be well defined there, and I don’t think understood either.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Thread Closed

Restricted topics.
The following topics are considered "out of bounds" and will result in your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • Jammers intended for actual use in other than legal academic contexts
  • Amateur/homemade rail guns and other high-energy projectile devices

Status
Not open for further replies.