New Cheap CNC Forum

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Those cheap Chinese and home brew CNC machines don't get a whole lot of respect on the established CNC forums so I thought I would create a new forum.

We really won't be discussing electronics there, that can be done here. But we will discuss milling of PCBs.

I invite everyone to take a look. Please, please feel free to make comments and suggestions about the forum. Any new categories you might want etc. It is still very much a work in progress.

Here is the URL.

http://cheapcncforum.freeforums.net/

If it catches on I hope to get a regular domain name.

Thanks

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I think you just wanted to be an administrator.
Or to be called "Mr President" or something with an important sound to it... :p

BTW I don't consider the word "cheap" as derogatory when it comes to saving resources for a home-made CNC

Even so, may I suggest you try to register "Affordable CNC Forum" instead?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Is it only me (non-native as many here know) that the word "cheap" does not sound attractive?
"Cheap" can be good or bad depending on context. If someone suggests a cheap taco joint for lunch, that's awesome. If they say your sister is a cheap... Well, it's not good.

I think it's true that Americans often confuse and choose cheap over good value, not recognizing the difference.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I believe that Spinnaker wants to focus on just one type of machine in his forum.

It is open to home built too.

My problem with CNCZone is there are way too many forums. So many your post rarely gets noticed. Plus from my experience those cheap Chinese CNC machines don't seem to get much respect.

DNA Robotics

Joined Jun 13, 2014
CNC Zone is too big and spread out. It seems like a great place that has everything but it is easier to find what you want on the world wide web than at CNC Zone. If you want ideas for a DIY CNC mill / router, you are in for a lot of reading.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
CNC Zone is too big and spread out. It seems like a great place that has everything but it is easier to find what you want on the world wide web than at CNC Zone. If you want ideas for a DIY CNC mill / router, you are in for a lot of reading.
CNC Zone really has an obscene number of forums. I thought AAC had a lot of forums. Actually AAC is about right on the number of forums. Maybe merge one or too of the Electronic forums but other than that not too bad.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I've got linear rails, lead screws, stepper motors and drivers bought to build a DIY machine, have had them for ~5 years. But already have too many projects started, don't know if I'll ever finish them all. But I joined in to the new site.