New advancements in the electrical field

Ponderer

Joined Jun 9, 2007
Hi
I am doing diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.As part of our curriculum I'm supposed to take a seminar on subjects related to electrical field. I'm seeking for an advanced topic.
Is there any one having suggestions about this.
kindly specify whether there are any links in the net which is free to access.
Please help:)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yes, well the access is the problem after all. What is free is generally elementary and well known. Much of the latest research is locked away for members only. This would be the IEEE and the ACM. For physics and mathematics, there is arxive.org, but I'm not sure if there is a similar facility for electronics.

nanovate

Joined May 7, 2007
You might see if there are any electronic conferences in your area. Some of the papers presented there are of cutting edge research. This is likely not free but maybe there is a student discount.

Another avenue or approach is to look at the websites of professors at major research universities... many have labs that they run and their PhD students often post good info. Look at UCLA, MIT, Caltech, Georgia Tech, Cambridge -- just some examples. The students there are doing bleeding edge research and are usually happy to discuss it (in general terms -- they sometimes get paranoid when they haven't published yet)

Hope that helps,
John

Just a quick example:
www.cens.ucla.edu --> look at weekly seminars sometimes they post their slides. Also if you dig deeper you will find all kinds of good nuggets.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi
I am doing diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.As part of our curriculum I'm supposed to take a seminar on subjects related to electrical field. I'm seeking for an advanced topic.
Is there any one having suggestions about this.
kindly specify whether there are any links in the net which is free to access.
Please help:)
This is a little vague to be of assistance, is there a particular field you are looking at?

Dave