Hi everybody,
In the circuit joined to this post :
Used diodes are ideal diodes.
R1 = R2 = 100 Ω
U = -20 V
Uz = 6V
I am asked to find the value of current passing through the zener diode.
Here's how I did :
I've omit the diode D1 because no current flow though it (reverse biased). I've also omit the zener diode because it acts as a short circuit (forward biased).
Then,
U - R2.I - R1.I = 0
I = U/(R1+R2)
I = 0.1 A
Is it right ? Because I've a doubt if I've to reverse the "arrow" of the voltage source or not.
I am a total novice in this field.
Thanks in advance.
In the circuit joined to this post :
Used diodes are ideal diodes.
R1 = R2 = 100 Ω
U = -20 V
Uz = 6V
I am asked to find the value of current passing through the zener diode.
Here's how I did :
I've omit the diode D1 because no current flow though it (reverse biased). I've also omit the zener diode because it acts as a short circuit (forward biased).
Then,
U - R2.I - R1.I = 0
I = U/(R1+R2)
I = 0.1 A
Is it right ? Because I've a doubt if I've to reverse the "arrow" of the voltage source or not.
I am a total novice in this field.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
-
9.7 KB Views: 38
-
8.9 KB Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator: