negative feedback

anira

Joined Oct 2, 2005

hi..
i want to ask this question..
the benefit of negative feedback normally are accompanied by 2 disadvantages,decrease in gain and tendency for oscillation.What is the simplest and most common method used to overcome the problem?how to compensate a unity-gain feedback configuration?

sanjeev203

Joined Sep 19, 2005
Originally posted by anira@Oct 2 2005, 01:27 PM

hi..
the benefit of negative feedback normally are accompanied by 2 disadvantages,decrease in gain and tendency for oscillation.What is the simplest and most common method used to overcome the problem?how to compensate a unity-gain feedback configuration?
[post=10753]Quoted post[/post]​

Use of series resistance at the output and use of compensating capacitor parallel to the feedback stablizes the output.

jidhishs

Joined Oct 21, 2005
Originally posted by anira@Oct 2 2005, 02:57 AM

hi..

you can use a capacitor parallel with a resistor as the negative feedback.it will reduce the oscillations..stabilizes the circuit..but the bandwidth will be less...

else use a PID controller...means an integrator , a differntiator, and the proportional controller nothing but your unity gain amplifier connected parallely....thi salso will reduce oscillations...

jidhishs

Joined Oct 21, 2005
Originally posted by anira@Oct 2 2005, 02:57 AM

hi..