negative feedback

anira

Joined Oct 2, 2005

hi..
i want to ask this question..
the benefit of negative feedback normally are accompanied by 2 disadvantages,decrease in gain and tendency for oscillation.What is the simplest and most common method used to overcome the problem?how to compensate a unity-gain feedback configuration?

sanjeev203

Joined Sep 19, 2005
Originally posted by anira@Oct 2 2005, 01:27 PM

hi..
the benefit of negative feedback normally are accompanied by 2 disadvantages,decrease in gain and tendency for oscillation.What is the simplest and most common method used to overcome the problem?how to compensate a unity-gain feedback configuration?
[post=10753]Quoted post[/post]​

Use of series resistance at the output and use of compensating capacitor parallel to the feedback stablizes the output.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi,

pls. clarify your question on "how to compensate a unity-gain feedback config."

jidhishs

Joined Oct 21, 2005
Originally posted by anira@Oct 2 2005, 02:57 AM

hi..

you can use a capacitor parallel with a resistor as the negative feedback.it will reduce the oscillations..stabilizes the circuit..but the bandwidth will be less...

else use a PID controller...means an integrator , a differntiator, and the proportional controller nothing but your unity gain amplifier connected parallely....thi salso will reduce oscillations...

jidhishs

Joined Oct 21, 2005
Originally posted by anira@Oct 2 2005, 02:57 AM

hi..