Negative dc to possitive dc ?

caslor

Joined Apr 20, 2010
Hi
is any cheap-easy method to convert negative dc curent to possitive?

i have a board that has analog input and convert it to digital but it must be possitive analog

in the other hand i have a car sensor that is ground it to negative (works like a resistance ) that give also negative curent as an output signal

example :
lets say that the car has -12v ground curent, the temp resistor takes that curent and as it works gives output also negative but with diferent curent
bigger the temp then bigger and the output volt from the sensor(resistance)

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
You can't have negative current. You can have current flow in a system where the positive side is grounded (thus creating a negative voltage with respect to ground)

You also can't discuss automotive circuits on this site for safety reasons..

You can however stop what you are doing before you damage something and take the time to read all the educational material in the volumes are the top of this site.. please start with the basics and do not jump ahead.

caslor

Joined Apr 20, 2010
thanks for not helping ;)
my mistake.. i thought i was posting in an other forum that realy help ;)

that is why in had never post in this forum.. now i notice that even i am from 2010 member was the first time by mistake

have a nice day mcgyvr.. i will get my help from the other forum and take the risk to '' destroy '' my car

MrSmoofy

Joined Jul 28, 2014
thanks for not helping ;)
my mistake.. i thought i was posting in an other forum that realy help ;)

that is why in had never post in this forum.. now i notice that even i am from 2010 member was the first time by mistake

have a nice day mcgyvr.. i will get my help from the other forum and take the risk to '' destroy '' my car
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/l_tos.html

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
LEDs to mains
Phone jammers
Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
Transformer-less power supplies