Needing to replace lighting controller

Telecom Guy

Joined Mar 25, 2022
Hey everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out with this. I have a church that has an 8 scene programmable lighting switch (Leviton 408CP Luma-net Remote Memory Control Panel) but either they no longer sell these or they are literally out of stock everywhere.

I was wondering what I could replace this with? Does it have to do with the lighting controller that they have? I am not even sure if this thing connects to the lighting controller or if it is just programmable within itself to change lighting scenes.

I HAVE ZERO clue.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, and now, for starters, WHY??? Is the operation no longer adequate? Or are parts missing? Or is the church burdened with more money than it knows how to spend? (I have seen al 3 conditions over the years.)
OR is the problem that nobody has a clue how to operate the present system??
Or it may be the worst possible problem, which is that some technically illiterate person has decided that anything not current is totally worthless junk?? If such a person talks convincingly then there is no hope.

Telecom Guy

Joined Mar 25, 2022
OK, and now, for starters, WHY??? Is the operation no longer adequate? Or are parts missing? Or is the church burdened with more money than it knows how to spend? (I have seen al 3 conditions over the years.)
OR is the problem that nobody has a clue how to operate the present system??
Or it may be the worst possible problem, which is that some technically illiterate person has decided that anything not current is totally worthless junk?? If such a person talks convincingly then there is no hope.
It’s only missing one button but that’s the button that turns all the lights off…

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, one button missing. Is the entire button assembly missing or is it just some portion of the button that is gone. For a master-control function like that it should be OK to replace that singe button with another electrically similar button.
OR is the situation such that there is nobody wiling or able to do such a repair? I am aware that such is often the case, and that there are no honest service organizations that woud be wiling to do such a repair, when, by refusing to repair one small problem, they can instead se something for far more than even a high priced honest repair would cost.