Need some help to identify this power plug

AnalogDigitalDesigner

Joined Jan 22, 2018
Hello my friends,

so I have this wire wrap cage here which has a bus inside it and allows for power to be plugged right in, and 5V and 12V. The pins are peculiar to me and I just don't know what they're called or what kind of plug I need for them. I don't mean the gold fingers, I mean those 6 silver pins on each side.

Also, why are there so many of these? A total of 8 !

Can you help me out on this?

Thank you very much!

Paul

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What the connectors look like is either AMP or Molex male 90 degree pin connectors with 0,156 inch centers. At least it looks like 0.156 in the photo. They may be power supply connections or else they might be output connections from the circuit boards plugged in to the board connectors. The connectors are a pain to purchase because the body and the pin/socket pieces must be ordered separately. AND the inserts must be crimped onto the wires individually. Also, the part numbers are long, a pain to key in when ordering.

AnalogDigitalDesigner

Joined Jan 22, 2018

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Thank you very much everyone. I appreciate the help very much. The internet is such an unbelievable wonder.

Thanks guys!
Not the whole internet, please. This website is an exception. When I do a search using the traditional search engines I find mostly people trying to sell me whatever I am seeking information about. Worse yet, they mostly say "we have it in stock, What is it??"
Here in AAC there are enough folks who have actual knowledge on a whole lot of everything electrical.

AnalogDigitalDesigner

Joined Jan 22, 2018
Not the whole internet, please. This website is an exception. When I do a search using the traditional search engines I find mostly people trying to sell me whatever I am seeking information about. Worse yet, they mostly say "we have it in stock, What is it??"
Here in AAC there are enough folks who have actual knowledge on a whole lot of everything electrical.
Yes? And without the internet would they be here?

I have used the internet since it was invented, and I've never had any of the problems you mention because I know how to use it, please.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Yes? And without the internet would they be here?

I have used the internet since it was invented, and I've never had any of the problems you mention because I know how to use it, please.
I am glad that you are a master of the internet, and it is good that you have more resources available than I do. I am aware that far better search engines can be purchased, but in my present situation I lack that advantage, which is certainly a very handy advantage to have available. We all have our own gifts, and being a master of internet searching is not one of mine. Thus my comment about the shysters that appear whenever I search.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, well I invented it! One day at a swap meet I was talking to this guy I met named Al and I shared my idea. Don't you know this guy Al cobbles things together and claims he invented the Internet. Heck, it was my idea.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
While it is certainly true that the internet has radically changed the life of a very large portion of the world's population, the fact is that not all changes are for the good. And while some of the uses of the internet do benefit folks, if nothing else, bookface and others like it have resulted in a huge amount of time being wasted. So, a lot like guns, not every use of the internet is a benefit to society as a whole. And nobody is to take this remark as being either for or against guns!!!!

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
While it is certainly true that the internet has radically changed the life of a very large portion of the world's population, the fact is that not all changes are for the good. And while some of the uses of the internet do benefit folks, if nothing else, bookface and others like it have resulted in a huge amount of time being wasted. So, a lot like guns, not every use of the internet is a benefit to society as a whole. And nobody is to take this remark as being either for or against guns!!!!
You strike a hell of a good point there. I just read an article as a result of the hurricane where FEMA mentions pretty much what you have just mentioned. How they have set up a myth verse truth website because while the Internet allows fast dissemination of information it is not necessarily all good or factual information. There are no man eating sharks swimming around in the flood waters.

Ron