need reliable sources for 1kva stabilizer design for home appliances

Atish260188

Joined Apr 9, 2023
need to design cost effective and best quality 1kva stabilizer relay + microcontroller based stabilizer for my client so in order to design such product, I need reliable sources. kindly share the link of reliable sources for the same. thanks

Atish260188

Joined Apr 9, 2023
also, need to provide quotation to my customer so how can I decide as to howmuch is the design cost???? how to decide design cost for any product/system designing

For reliable sources, you can check out electronics component distributors like Digi-Key, Mouser, or RS Components - they've got a wide selection of parts.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What is a "stabilizer relay"?
Are you trying to regulate the AC main's voltage?
You do realize that is a difficult task(?).

Atish260188

Joined Apr 9, 2023
relay + microcontroller based stabilizer for regulating AC i/p voltage. so, pic microcontrller based will be good or should I go for STM 32 based??? need to design long life, cost effective best quality stabilizer so reliable source for the datasheet for the same. thanks

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You take about a "stabilizer" to regulate the AC voltage, but not any information on how you will actually control the AC. Is it a secret device?
The microprocessor is only a small part of the regulation

Atish260188

Joined Apr 9, 2023
incase of input AC voltage fluctuation, need to control AC i/p voltage within a range with the help of relays and microcontroller. so need reliable sources for its circuit diagram

Atish260188

Joined Apr 9, 2023
kindly go through this attached document to understand how relay is working for stabilizer circuit
also, kindly say this circuit is reliable for stabilizer designing upto 2000w loads for voltage stabilization of home appliances like AC, refrigerator, tv etc???

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
It's a tap changer - They existed in the days of thermionic valves - you should be able to make it work with a few comparators.
You need to make damn sure that the contactor opens before another one closes, otherwise there will be fireworks. That should be done by contactor auxiliary contacts.
Don't forget that although it might keep the voltage within bounds, there will be gaps in the supply which might cause problems every time it changes state.

Also worth noting - what happens if everyone gets one?
As the voltage drops it changes tap to keeps the voltage within bounds, which draws more current from the supply.
That will make the supply voltage drop further.
Eventually the supply collapses completely.

Reducing the voltage is the way the electricity company manages demand when it exceeds generating capacity.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
@crutschow ,In the electrical systems of some countries the AC mains voltage is not well controlled. A device, commonly called a voltage stabilizer is used to reduce the variation to some degree. I have not spent any time looking at or understanding this circuit because I do not live in one of those countries. I have no idea how well they may or may not work.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It's a tap changer - They existed in the days of thermionic valves - you should be able to make it work with a few comparators.
You need to make damn sure that the contactor opens before another one closes, otherwise there will be fireworks. That should be done by contactor auxiliary contacts.
Don't forget that although it might keep the voltage within bounds, there will be gaps in the supply which might cause problems every time it changes state.

Also worth noting - what happens if everyone gets one?
As the voltage drops it changes tap to keeps the voltage within bounds, which draws more current from the supply.
That will make the supply voltage drop further.
Eventually the supply collapses completely.

Reducing the voltage is the way the electricity company manages demand when it exceeds generating capacity.
I have a old one that needs repair. (MOV shorted, relay or breaker and power switch likely bad). It worked great in Asia to keep the power fairly stable for electronics.
1691166879083.png
1691166903554.png

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
@Ian0 thanks for prodding me to look that the old tap changer VR.

It was a simple solder fix on a output relay PCB pad that opened when the MOV smoked.
1691168280660.png
1691168413837.png

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Yours is probably a buck-boost circuit, in the days when it had a different meaning. The secondary of the transformer goes in series with the mains, and by selecting taps or reversing the primary it can add or subtract from the input voltage.
To achieve 80V to 250V, it would have to be an autotransformer.