Need Ref Design or Open Source SBC

combover61

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Target SBC requirements: 4 core, 1.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC, USB, support LinuxOS.

Your thoughts and/or recommendations are quite welcome.

Or if you can recommend an expert that I might consult.

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful consideration of this request.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Target SBC requirements: 4 core, 1.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC, USB, support LinuxOS.

Your thoughts and/or recommendations are quite welcome.

Or if you can recommend an expert that I might consult.

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful consideration of this request.:cool:
Contact your local computer repair store- or chamber of commerce if in the USA and ask for any computer consultants- usually they can build you a system better than what you're asking for, for not much - I used to do this in another life.

combover61

Joined Oct 16, 2015
I would look at one of the Raspberry Pi s. You can not build one for the price.

We need to know what are are doing to help make ideas.
Ron, Precisely ) Rasp Pi was used to quickly prove concept, but in high volumes, their price can be beat, since the Rasp Pi has many components that may be eliminated for our application. Custom design also will give us visibility of all parts, so we know first hand the life cycle of each part. Part obsolescence is very costly problem that is real, and does happen, we want that visibility to reduce risk.

combover61

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Hey thank you kindly for all the good/valuable feedback. Say, I see the RK3328 processor used in many many low cost solutions. However, none of my sources stock such a part. Any idea where I might source this part?