need help with power diodes questions

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Even if someone was of a mind to do your homework for you they couldn't since there is no question 5 to be found in any of those problems (in the image on flickr, the two images you tried to link are bad links -- might require someone to login to some third party site).

You need to show YOUR best attempt to work YOUR homework. We can then try to help you find your mistakes and move towards a solution.

minh tú nguyễn

Joined Oct 12, 2016
For Question 5 Problem 4 since diode 1 is forward biased in parallel with diode 2 which is reversed biased. I think there is no resistance between this 2 parallel diodes so to get Current I, my thought is I would just Use Vs divide by R to get Current I as I = Vs/R = 10/10= 1A. Since Diode 2 is reversed biased its current will be 0 and diode 1 will have 1A

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
For Question 5 Problem 4 since diode 1 is forward biased in parallel with diode 2 which is reversed biased. I think there is no resistance between this 2 parallel diodes so to get Current I, my thought is I would just Use Vs divide by R to get Current I as I = Vs/R = 10/10= 1A. Since Diode 2 is reversed biased its current will be 0 and diode 1 will have 1A
That is correct (assuming you are treating the diodes as ideal, which it sounds like you are and that that is what the problem is assuming you will do).

Though I still don't see any Question 5 associated with that problem.

There is NO question 5 in that image!

Problem 4 has four questions. Problem 5 has one. Problem 6 has three.
Im so sorry. What i was referring to was question 4 of problem 4. And also Im stuck at how to get the waveform for problem 5 and question 1 of problem 6. For question 2 I used Root 2 multiply with 50=70.7V to get Vmax and PIV, is it correct?

minh tú nguyễn

Joined Oct 12, 2016
Im so sorry. What i was referring to was question 4 of problem 4. And also Im stuck at how to get the waveform for problem 5 and question 1 of problem 6. For question 2 I used Root 2 multiply with 50=70.7V to get Vmax and PIV, is it correct? Sorry I used my phone so it got signed on in different account but it's still me the one who post the thread