Need help with muscle stimulator project

Armita

Joined Sep 4, 2016
hello evryone :)
I want to build a muscle stimulator for a school project, ( I attached the source circuits )
but i decided to change it a little, instead of a signal generator part i want to be able to connect it to an audio source ( like an mp3 player or a computer ) ,
but the output signal become very weak for frequencies under 1000hz and very strong for freqs over 2k,3khz.
tens unit frequencies ranges between 20 to 500hz, i don't understand what the problem is, any idea what should i change/add to make it work for 100 to 1000hz maybe .
thanks

IMG_1102.JPG
thanks.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You don't need the resistor in the source lead of the mosfet. That could affect mosfet behavior more at low frequencies.

John

Armita

Joined Sep 4, 2016
thanks John for quick reply, sorry i forgot to mention that i already did remove the resistor, didn't make that much difference.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
the drain circuit is a high pass filter. To get better low frequency response you will need to increase the inductance of your primary and/or drive it with negative resistance to compensate for the wining's resistance thereby increasing L/R to get a lower cutoff frequency.

Do you realize that your circiut is extremely non-linear?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
In the BJT circuit, what's the base resistor value? You may be overloading the output of the audio amp.

One way to do this circuit would be to use a comparator to square the incoming waveform. The intensity of the output pulse depends on the rate of change of current in the coil, so at low frequency you are getting very low dI/dt in the coil and therefore very little pulse. If every wave is square, the intensity should be more-or-less independent of frequency.

Have you tried a square wave out of your signal generator? Many free apps can give you square, triangle or sine waves at a selectable frequency.