Need help with LED circuit with a one hour timer

kalebjfranco

Joined Nov 27, 2020
I am currently working on a design project and I need a circuit that will be triggered by a mechanical switch that will set a timer for an hour and then after the hour an LED will light up until the switch is triggered again. In addition to this, I would like the switch to reset the timer if it is triggered during an active timer. I am very new to circuitry and electronics so anything will help!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If the timer needs to be quite accurate then an electronic counter and an accurate time-base oscillator would be a good choice. But assembling an electronic circuit from a circuit and a description is not likely to be successful for a beginner. How good are you at soldering small wires and components and circuit boards? How much do you understand about circuit operation? I am asking because of not wanting to give an answer that you can't use.

kalebjfranco

Joined Nov 27, 2020
If the timer needs to be quite accurate then an electronic counter and an accurate time-base oscillator would be a good choice. But assembling an electronic circuit from a circuit and a description is not likely to be successful for a beginner. How good are you at soldering small wires and components and circuit boards? How much do you understand about circuit operation? I am asking because of not wanting to give an answer that you can't use.
I have some experience with soldering wires but do not have a great understanding of circuit operation, especially ones like I am wishing to make. However, this project is through my university and I only need to have a schematic of this circuit. I plan on using the schematic and PCB design on Fusion 360 to make this circuit.

RIKRIK

Joined Oct 11, 2019
This is a great opportunity to show off "what I have found on the internet" it's practically free. 5 for a dollar.

https://www.google.com/amp/westsideelectronics.com/delay-timer-ic/amp/

However one small tit bit, the led turns off after a hour, so I'd imagine you would have to add a transistor as a inverter. Does everything you require apart from the led is on from the beginning. But you could use the same led to show the project is on and ready to be used.