Need help with identifying the 3 wires of this camera circuit

Rahulk70

Joined Dec 16, 2016
Hi folks,

I have this camera flash circuit from a Ricoh AF-70. I’m trying to identify what function the 1,2 &4 wires does in this circuit?
The blue wire is definitely to trigger the high voltage to fire the flash. The other red and black wires the positive and negative of the batteries. Unfortunately because the circuit is so tightly packed I can’t see the label of the transistors.

Thanks,
R

Attachments

I think your schematic is not quite right and be careful because of the high voltage and charge in C1, check with a multimeter and discharge with a few k ohm power resistor before touching the board. You can easily get hurt with the stored energy.
The switch S1 is completely drawn wrong. Where is this brown wire on your sketch?
You can take a closeup picture of the top and bottom of the board and it's easier to draw a schematic.

Rahulk70

Joined Dec 16, 2016
I think your schematic is not quite right and be careful because of the high voltage and charge in C1, check with a multimeter and discharge with a few k ohm power resistor before touching the board. You can easily get hurt with the stored energy.
The switch S1 is completely drawn wrong. Where is this brown wire on your sketch?
You can take a closeup picture of the top and bottom of the board and it's easier to draw a schematic.
Yes, there was a warning label already stuck under the circuit board showing which points and what resistor to be used to discharge. I've update the diagram as you have mentioned above. You are right that switch didn't make any sense there. I took the picture on a phone and this is the closest I could get it to focus.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Best pictures are taken in good daylight but never with sunlight shining directly on the object. You will see how much more detail you get, simply with good natural illumination.