need help identify tx and rx pins on cell phone data cable

avichoen

Joined Apr 1, 2009
Last edited:

avichoen

Joined Apr 1, 2009
Thank you for your reply.
My links to the data cable photos are not in a dangerous website at all, my photos hosted on http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/faqs website, it's a free file host website and it's free from security threats.
I'm using the latest kaspersky internet security firewall and antivirus and it doesn't detect any threats on this website. I also googled and didn't found any bad about it.
Anyhow.. I checked with multimeter the connectivity from the connector pins to the data cable pcb but still doesn't know which is tx and rx.
You can see all the details in my photos.
I'll appreciate any help.

avichoen

Joined Apr 1, 2009
I have 9 pins connector on one end, pcb board in the midle and 18 pins on the cellphone connector.
Do you want that I upload those photos to another photo host website?

Did you look at the link I showed in #4? That is the standard rs232 pinout for the 9 pin computer connection. It shows receive pin 2 and transmit pin 3.

One side of the rs232 connectors is sometimes marked as to which pin is which in small letters. Look at the 9 pin connector and at the computer connection. I can not find any around my desk here, my computer is all usb.

avichoen

Joined Apr 1, 2009
Ok.. I looked at your link but it doesn't help much. I need to identify the rx and tx pins on the 18 pins connector that goes to cellphone, not the tx/rx pins that goes to pc with rs232 9 pins connector.
This is a "sky im-3000" cellphone data cable for transferring files between pc and cellphone and it has a pcb board between the 9 pin rs232 connector and 18 pin cellphone connector.

page 13 of your datasheet shows logic level inputs and outputs for max3237.

Follow tx and rx from the db9 connector to the chip and then use the chip diagram to find the logic level pins that are used. Follow those to the 18 pin connector.