Need help electrical engineering

elerner

Joined Dec 13, 2023
so I decorated my home with these types of light(image for reference only) before i went out. When i came back home it was already dark and the light was plugged in the socket but the switch was still off. But I saw it was glowing little, there was a small current in the wires of these light even if the switch was off. Can anyone explain this. Even if it is leakage current how can current flow through open switch, how can electrons jusy jump the switch in off state? Im new to all these stuffs.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
In some cases there are sets that have a LV Power supply that is under power when plugged in, The Switch, often just initiates the electronics.
What you are seeing is very low leakage current,
Mine is this way,

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
so I decorated my home with these types of light(image for reference only) before i went out. When i came back home it was already dark and the light was plugged in the socket but the switch was still off. But I saw it was glowing little, there was a small current in the wires of these light even if the switch was off. Can anyone explain this. Even if it is leakage current how can current flow through open switch, how can electrons jusy jump the switch in off state? Im new to all these stuffs.
Does it glow when its unplugged from the socket?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Is the light switch on of these that glows when it is off so that you can find it in the dark? If so, then how those work is by passing a small current through the load when switched off.