Need help on an electrical circuit anyone here can help?

lkl008

Joined Oct 16, 2023
So I've been using this 4 way remote switch, to control the lighting of my room i had it fitted in the circuit board, and it stopped working suddenly i checked by opening it up and the capacitor seems to be heating way too much, changed that with a lying around capacitor of the same value and it started making clicking sound continuously and the new capacitor still got heated as well, there are 4 relays switched them thinking that might solve the issue but it still didn't, Any help or ideas? can provide pictures of the circuit.

lkl008

Joined Oct 16, 2023
HERE IS THE CIRCUIT,
THE red goes in live the blacks go in neutral of the switches of appliances, and the colorful ones are for 4 different appliances that can switch on and off with the remote controller,
whenever the button is pressed there is a significant click sound which indicates the relay/capacitor (i have no knowledge on this) working but the capacitor attached was getting super heated and suddenly it stopped working all together, i switched the capacitor with another one and it started making continuous clicking sound without even pressing any button on the remote.

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
That's a transformerless supply, it uses a Capacitor( in brown )to reduce the mains input down to the bridge rectifier, check the bridge rectifier for shorts, and it looks like a 680 ohms resistor is broken or is it just a scratch?
IMG_20231016_114125.jpg

Last edited: