Need a control switch on when my car door opens,

Laesan

Joined Jun 6, 2021
I'm look for a place that can build me a switch that turns on when my car door opens, my key is inserted, my key is on and/or my key is in start. I don't know how to build it, but my research shows I should use an or gate with 4 gates.

Laesan

Joined Jun 6, 2021
An ignition switch has off acc, run, and start.
I need switch that will keep the gate close in acc, run, and start. But also close when security is triggered when the key is inserted.

This is used to wake up the computer before the car is started.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
OK, but once the key is inserted, the movement of the key will have no effect on the logic. The key must be inserted in order to be turned to any position.

Laesan

Joined Jun 6, 2021
I see your point. I took my language from the description of the PCM wake up circuit.
A little back ground is I'm putting an engine from a new car in an old car. So to get the computer to work I have to re create the wake up circuit.

Laesan

Joined Jun 6, 2021
All I can find is this description of the circuit.
Normal Operation and Fault Conditions

The wake-up control circuit wakes up the PCM prior to engine cranking. The PCM needs to wake up prior to a crank request so it has time to go through its initialization. The wake-up control circuit is controlled by the BCM . The BCM activates the wake-up control circuit when: the driver door is opened. a key is inserted into the ignition. or when the ignition is in the ON or START position.

And the picture of the wiring diagram.

The new circuit will be placed in the cab by the central junction box.

Attachments

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
This gets you most of the way there... Diodes are 1N4003 or similar. Technically D2 not needed as D1 supplies power as long as key is in ignition.

1623007683934.png