My other side - Music

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Hey all,

One of my hobbies is composition of music.
An example of something that I do when I am bored is this egyptian style track:
https://soundcloud.com/robinmitchell93/egypt

I never seems to finish any one piece or track, just like to mess around.

Anyone else here who likes to mess with music?
That's a nice piece. The mixing and layering are pretty smooth. I guess you're using a synthesizer of some sort. This reminds me of some of the short themes used in computer and video games. I have an old one called "Serious Sam" that has an ancient Egyptian theme and music to match.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Make a few more songs for portfolio. register on few video game dev. forums and make a post that you are looking for paid work.

Good places to start would be Unity engine forums and Unreal.You could earn somewhere around 20-50$/h.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Hey all,

One of my hobbies is composition of music.
An example of something that I do when I am bored is this egyptian style track:
https://soundcloud.com/robinmitchell93/egypt

I never seems to finish any one piece or track, just like to mess around.

Anyone else here who likes to mess with music?
I've playing acoustic guitar since I was six, and I now have enough compositions worthy of a CD (at least 10 or 12 of them)... thing is, I barely have the time to enjoy playing and writing anymore... I'm leaving all that until after retirement.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I've playing acoustic guitar since I was six, and I now have enough compositions worthy of a CD (at least 10 or 12 of them)... thing is, I barely have the time to enjoy playing and writing anymore... I'm leaving all that until after retirement.
Hopefully, I retire more than a week before I am dead.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
I like to make music and I must say that your first half of the Egypt track was genuine and I'm impressed. The second half and I've been there many times myself sounded a bit as you weren't getting your idea across.

But don't let my small criticism bring you down since it is the song writer that makes the rules for their own songs;)