motion sensor to sound clip HELP

jpoostchi

Joined Apr 27, 2006
hey i need to connect a motion sensor to a sound clip of my vioce so that when the sensor goes off, my voice is played through some sort of speaker. if anyone could help me i would be most grateful as i am clueless!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by jpoostchi@Apr 27 2006, 02:10 PM
hey i need to connect a motion sensor to a sound clip of my vioce so that when the sensor goes off, my voice is played through some sort of speaker. if anyone could help me i would be most grateful as i am clueless!
[post=16627]Quoted post[/post]​
Do you want to buy this or learn enough about the technology required to build one? As you can well appreciate these are two different activities.

cenee

Joined Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by jpoostchi@Apr 27 2006, 11:10 AM
[post=16627]Quoted post[/post]​

I assume you have some knowledge, so here we go:
Motion sensors usually have a "normaly closed" relay in them that opens when the sensor get activated. Use a 555 chip, connect the line from the relay (which comes from the ground from your home made circuit) to the Base of a NPN transistor (the base of the transistor should have a resistor, 10k for example, connected to the positive line of your circuit). When the relay opens, it will open the transistor (have a 10k from + to the collector and the emitter to ground, at the NPN), making pin #2 - (pin 2 should be connected to collector). This circuit is very common, you can look it up. Set the 555 to a time delay of about 1sec; pin #3 to a relay that will be connected to a switch (this switch should be the Play from a digital recorder with your voise ). This is just an idea.

jpoostchi

Joined Apr 27, 2006
Originally posted by Papabravo@Apr 27 2006, 06:16 PM
Do you want to buy this or learn enough about the technology required to build one? As you can well appreciate these are two different activities.
[post=16628]Quoted post[/post]​

i was hoping to build it as i am a poor student but if i could buy this device for cheap i could do. i have researched the sound clip recorder/playback and i believe winbond makes these sorts of things. please forward me an address of where i might find one to buy or if you have the patience explain in simple terms please

cheers james

jpoostchi

Joined Apr 27, 2006
Originally posted by cenee@Apr 28 2006, 08:33 PM
I assume you have some knowledge, so here we go:
Motion sensors usually have a "normaly closed" relay in them that opens when the sensor get activated. Use a 555 chip, connect the line from the relay (which comes from the ground from your home made circuit) to the Base of a NPN transistor (the base of the transistor should have a resistor, 10k for example, connected to the positive line of your circuit). When the relay opens, it will open the transistor (have a 10k from + to the collector and the emitter to ground, at the NPN), making pin #2 - (pin 2 should be connected to collector). This circuit is very common, you can look it up. Set the 555 to a time delay of about 1sec; pin #3 to a relay that will be connected to a switch (this switch should be the Play from a digital recorder with your voise ). This is just an idea.
[post=16670]Quoted post[/post]​
thankyou for your response but i am a complete novice so do not really understand all this jargon. what does a relay look like? what is a npn transistor?