Motherboard, my acer VA70 laptop won't turn on.

August1122

Joined Nov 30, 2023
Hello, my acer VA70 laptop won't turn on. I open to work on the motherboard and I found the the power ic (1225C) was over heating. Any help please. 20231130_055508.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Do your best to figure out what that IC powers, then start going through looking for shorts or possible failed parts. Try to find a schematic if you can, that will help a ton.

August1122

Joined Nov 30, 2023
Do your best to figure out what that IC powers, then start going through looking for shorts or possible failed parts. Try to find a schematic if you can, that will help a ton.
I checked TPS51225C ic and I found that the pin 3 (VREG3) is short to ground. But I can't fine any short capacitor or mosfet

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
I checked TPS51225C ic and I found that the pin 3 (VREG3) is short to ground. But I can't fine any short capacitor or mosfet
Try to find a schematic for that board, that will help you a ton. I don't know exactly where to look, but it seems repair places like Louis Rossmanns shop (youtube channel) seem to find them somewhere. Without that, just do your best to trace it around. Maybe it's a short diode or similar, lots of possibilities.