Mosfets in H bridge blowing off when load is connected

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Your redrawn circuit will not work:
1) The upper P-channel Mosfets will never turn off.
2) The lower N-channel Mosfets will barely turn on.
3) The gates of all the Mosfets will burn out with almost 24V on them.

I cannot read the part numbers of the Mosfets so they might need a Vgs of 10v to turn on. Your emitter-followers will have an output of 0.3V to 4.3V.

Attachments

Seema01

Joined Jan 11, 2020
Your redrawn circuit will not work:
1) The upper P-channel Mosfets will never turn off.
2) The lower N-channel Mosfets will barely turn on.
3) The gates of all the Mosfets will burn out with almost 24V on them.

I cannot read the part numbers of the Mosfets so they might need a Vgs of 10v to turn on. Your emitter-followers will have an output of 0.3V to 4.3V.
They are irf9z24n and irfz24n vgs of 4V is reqd.

Seema01

Joined Jan 11, 2020
I would suggest using dedicated off-the-shelf FET bridge driver ICs, such as the IR2110 or its brothers, particularly if you want to switch FETs at high frequency. A problem with your present circuit is that at 100kHz it likely won't be able to handle enough current (~1A or so) to charge/discharge the FET gate capacitances sufficiently fast to prevent over-heating. Your circuit also provides no dead-time to prevent shoot-through by ensuring that the top and bottom FETs never conduct simultaneously during there finite switch-over times.
Thank you for your reply. I'll try and implement the circuit using IR2110.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The voltages powering the complementary driver transistors and the Mosfets are no higher than 20V, because most ordinary Mosfets turn on well with a gate voltage of 10V but 20V is the maximum allowed gate voltage.

Seema01

Joined Jan 11, 2020
The voltages powering the complementary driver transistors and the Mosfets are no higher than 20V, because most ordinary Mosfets turn on well with a gate voltage of 10V but 20V is the maximum allowed gate voltage.
Thank you so much.....I'm grateful for your reply. I'm using 24 V...Won't work would it?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
A 7818 will be fine if it has an input of at least +20V and it has near it the input and output capacitors shown on its datasheet.

I show half of the H-Bridge and voltages that should happen when the input is 0V and with +5V.
Please list any parts changes and measure your voltages.

Attachments

Seema01

Joined Jan 11, 2020
A 7818 will be fine if it has an input of at least +20V and it has near it the input and output capacitors shown on its datasheet.

I show half of the H-Bridge and voltages that should happen when the input is 0V and with +5V.
The output at R1 is showing 8.5v on dc voltage on Multimeter. On cro shows square wave 18.4vmax. P MOSFETs however is getting hot and vout dc voltage on Multimeter shows approx. 4V. All parts are the same.

Vout is voltage at the drain