Monostable Multivibrator circuit

arooooo1233

Joined May 26, 2023
I am a student working on an assignment for a monostable multivibrator circuit that runs for 3 seconds. This picture is given, but without values.
When we use TINA, it doesn't run, so we need to figure out what the values are so we can build it in real life. We have 4 days left until submission.

image_2023-05-27_003305685.png

Attachments

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
What do you mean by its suppose to run for 3 seconds ?
Do you mean the output should stay High for 3 seconds when triggered ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So... what values did you use in your TINA simulation for which it didn't run?

How did it not run? What was the behavior?

Do you understand the details for how the circuit is supposed to work, or is it just some schematic that you grabbed off of some website?

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
The circuit does work as shown with the proper component values.
The Vcc supply should not exceed 5 volts to protect transistor Q2.

arooooo1233

Joined May 26, 2023
So... what values did you use in your TINA simulation for which it didn't run?

How did it not run? What was the behavior?

Do you understand the details for how the circuit is supposed to work, or is it just some schematic that you grabbed off of some website?
I asked in chat gpt too i put these values but in tina it didnt work at all like it couldnt turn on the LED

Attachments

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I asked in chat gpt too i put these values but in tina it didnt work at all like it couldnt turn on the LED
What LED and I don't see a PNP transistor in the schematics you posted. In fact all three schematics are the same.
Post the circuit you are actually trying to simulate please.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Well if we are going to let the "Cat out of the Bag" and post component values I might as well give mine based on the circuit in post #1.
Added Sw1 for manual trigger and LED1 to show visually when Q2 is OFF.
1685224515956.png

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The TS is apparently unable to articulate what does not work. He still needs to get something working and then he needs to fine tune his component selection. Plenty of work to do.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
And why would you think that ChatGPT knows anything about designing a monostable multivibrator?
The rumor is that it is all knowing and all power[ful], but you have to know how to ask it what you want. Not always an easy task.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The rumor is that it is all knowing and all power, but you have to know how to ask it what you want. Not always an easy task.
Just what the world needs -- engineers that believe that engineering is knowing how to ask something that is rumored to be all knowing and powerful to do your work for you.

Civilization truly is a self-defeating concept.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Just what the world needs -- engineers that believe that engineering is knowing how to ask something that is rumored to be all knowing and powerful to do your work for you.

Civilization truly is a self-defeating concept.
I had a feeling that acerbic remark might be a trigger phrase.