Monopole antenna 50 ohm SMA

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
I am looking for a monopole, adjustable lenght, 50 ohm reference impedance and SMA connector tu use with my LimeSDR mini.

I have found the ANT500 from greatscottgadgets, but 37 € + shipping seems to be very expensive.

Isn't it ? Where I can find some cheaper parts, avoiding chinese junk ?

Thanks.
s.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am looking for a monopole, adjustable lenght, 50 ohm reference impedance and SMA connector tu use with my LimeSDR mini.

I have found the ANT500 from greatscottgadgets, but 37 € + shipping seems to be very expensive.

Isn't it ? Where I can find some cheaper parts, avoiding chinese junk ?

Thanks.
s.
That's a pretty tall order. You do realize that changing the length changes the impedance and last I checked "non-Chinese" junk was not selling for appreciably less. I suppose you could build one but that would require effort and the acquisition of readily available parts especially the SMA connectors.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've actually paid approximately that price ($30-$75) for 2M, 220(~1.25M) & 440 (70 cm) vertical antennas with PL259 connectors. They are all fixed length to keep the SWR within reasonable limits (< 2:1).
I'm not quite sure what the TS is complaining about.

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

The ANT500's specified bandwidth (no S parameters plot are shown into the DS) is enough to play with SDR with this board.

I don't have any particular frequency requirements.

As far as I understand these are the common prices for a minimum seriousness antenna.

s.

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Well, to be precise it seems that there is no datasheet for the mentioned antenna... I wonder why :rolleyes:.

The PDF I found it is the first from google search for ant500 datasheet.

s.