Modulo 10 up/down counter #2

musamusa

Joined Dec 7, 2019
There are several approaches to digital design of counters/state-machines, but one of the easiest is to find a circuit that functions close to what is needed and modify it. For instance, take a modulo-16 up/down counter and convert it into a 1-9 up/down counter (as shown in the attachment). The comparison diagram shows that the mod-16 counter works the same as the mod-9 counter except when the down-count reaches "1" & when the up-count reaches "9". The yellow-shaded transitions indicate the differences where the individual flip-flop toggling needs to be forced or inhibited to achieve the desired operation. And note that the set/reset FF inputs are only used to set the initial state.
View attachment 186688 View attachment 186689
Hi ! I am trying to make 0-9 up/down counter with JK Flip-Flop using AND, OR and NAND gate....Im newbee in this so How I do this... This is my assignment

MOD: Created your own thread.E

Last edited by a moderator:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

To avoid confusion caused by two members trying to use the same thread, you should start your own. I'll request that your question be put in a new thread.
EDIT: Moderator created a new thread.
I am trying to make 0-9 up/down counter with JK Flip-Flop using AND, OR and NAND gate....Im newbee in this so How I do this... This is my assignment
You should post your work so we can see where you're going wrong.

Last edited: