Modern Medicine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BR-549, Feb 2, 2018.

1. BR-549

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Sep 22, 2013
  2. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    The flu vaccine contains dead flu viruses so I don't see how it can contribute to the spread of the flu.
    Sounds like fake news to me.

3. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    I believe it was just recently found that the flu transmits, infects and spreads with just breath alone.

They did not say the the vaccine spreads the flu. They said that people who have been vaccinated have 650 times more flu virus in their breath. That's live flu virus....not from vaccine.

I wonder if there are studies on this.......when people get vaccinated against something......how many become carriers? That's a frightening thought.

4. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    This is the first I have heard of this.......just wondering if anyone else has heard. Every six months when I go in, the doc wants me to get a flu shot. I heard they were something like 22% effective this year.

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Still think it's fake.

6. jgessling

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 31, 2009
    Judging by the amount of ads on that site and the one I was directed to, I don't trust it at all.

7. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

In short back then we had no vaccinations, vs today at 22% which is not worth the paper you put onto it, it's about money and an effort to exert physiological control over the pollution, wash your hands frequently, avoid large concentrations of people, take the stairs not the lift, little things add up if you can think of them.

Once I get to my office I go to the restroom and wash my hands, then stop the faucet with the tissue I used to dry my hands then toss it in the trash and exit the open area of the bathroom.

If you have kids your burnt toast.

kv

Edit: It also as then was spread eventually by breath, which is concerning not doubt.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    BR-549 likes this.
  8. Raymond Genovese

Mar 5, 2016
    I'm not going to comment on the article linked by the TP, but I did just finish reading the study report, which you can read here.

I am not a virologist or immunologist etc. Seems to me that the study is legitimate and published in a legitimate journal.

They are looking at aerosolation of the virus when you get the flu. There are some interesting findings, including some gender stuff.

They report an increase (6.3X) in one-type of aerosol shedding in Influenza A, and not B, when there is a history of prior immunization. They note that this has not been reported before and needs to replicated. They speculate (and BTW if you present a novel finding, you are pretty much obligated to speculate on why it can be so) that if it turns out to be a reliable finding that it could be possible that prior immunization has an effect on air-way characteristics. The relevant pph is below:

"The association of current and prior year vaccination with increased shedding of influenza A might lead one to speculate that certain types of prior immunity promote lung inflammation, airway closure, and aerosol generation. This first observation of the phenomenon needs confirmation. If confirmed, this observation, together with recent literature suggesting reduced protection with annual vaccination, would have implications for influenza vaccination recommendations and policies."

First, it needs to replicated and characterized as a real effect.
    Then it needs to be determined under what conditions the effect occurs.
    Then it needs to be demonstrated what it means in terms of getting/spreading the flu.

A great number of very smart and very dedicated scientists study these issues and I am glad that they do and I fully support this kind of work - it pays big dividends. It is frustrating, but a reality, that there are limitations on conclusions from single studies. That's the nature of science.

Personally, I got my Flu shot and will continue to do so.

shortbus likes this.
  9. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Which is why the CDC is following this one closely. You have new reports each year of population analytics. This is recursive in the fact that we aren't in control when it comes to viral pathogens. Your DNA my DNA are very different and no metric can decide otherwise when taken from a small percentage of the population. Some people have never had a vaccination, what happens when they survive a flu viral infection over and over do they contribute?

Without taking a full account of all percentages of all the diverse DNA combinations it's a crap shoot, I would have better odds in a back street ally.

CDC Influenza Stats

I'm not a Doctor nor do I poses the knowledge to extract this data that could be more contrived or manipulated. Most of the Metrics seem somewhat irrelevant in terms of target zero or how you could find the source, much convolution leads to the fact that this protective shot is less capable of producing positive results.

Personally I avoid people as much as possible during flu season. Doesn't mean I can't be affected but I don't get a flu shot, because I can tell you every time I do I get sick, not just sick but deathly ill, I can't tell you how many time this has happened. Put a metric on that and produce an analytic from it would be much of what they do today.

kv

justtrying likes this.
  10. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
    One has to very carefully evaluate the means by which the goal is to be achieved. The information presented to the public his oversimilplified and the statistics of the flu shot simply do not work. The yearly vaccine is at this point promoted to everyone without any concern or knowledge of long term implications. Is there any other medical intervention being promoted for children, yearly? This is literally a population wide experiment. What is worse is that if we get hit with a case of deadly strain such that caused the Spanish Flu, the outcome will be the same as before. I urge everyone I know to carefully read the reports that come out and evaluate the statistics that show just how useless the flu shot is