Missing member?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Apparently he also left another forum where he promoted a product he designed and marketed, another member on the forum came up with a product that basically filled a similar function, which happened to be a redesigning of the 'mouse trap', but RB claimed he had violated patent rights etc, so he seems to have left there also.
In spite of the fact many aspects of the design has been out there for decades and is in the public forum and manuf. app notes.
Max.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I've tried to contact him off the boards and have been met with silence.

Quite the intelligent guy. Going to miss him. Even his web page hasn't been updated for a while.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Great guy. Covered almost everything I know and at least 6 other specialties I don't know about.
His web page is still up today. Good reference material!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
From jrap:

Unfortunately he didn't like the change to Xenforo (or give us a chance to figure out the kinks) - Farewell post.

Did not realize he was gone then again I drop out from time to time so I miss out on things.
I missed on on the software upgrade, a surprise for me when I got back. I am with The RB. I am not a fan but I stick around from all of the great people on here. I feel like I have made a lot of friends over the past couple of years.
I have no idea what was wrong with the old software. Worked just fine. If it meant alienating great forum members like The RB then it was not worth the upgrade.

Speaking of missing forum members I have not seen post from R!f@@ since I got back. Hope he is OK.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Maybe we could have a sticky on why the switch to the new software.
As I understand it there were two primary reasons:
vBulletin was not being actively maintained and had not been updated for some period of time.
There were unaddressed security problems​
I think either one would be sufficient reason to change.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I joined shortly before the change. I did not know the fellow.
But I agree with him. The old site was much, much better.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
I always found Roman's posts to be insightful, and wish he would return.
Me too, but tain't under our control.
Me three... he has been helpful to me in the past. Although I have to say his parting message seems a bit OTT, I have used the new site with several of the browsers he mentions and not had any issues and I'd be surprised if commercial software such as this isn't widely tested on a range of browsers and platforms.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm repeating myself but, the change had almost zero effect on me. Using Firefox on a Vista machine. A couple of, "Where did they hide this function?" was all the trouble I had.