Micro-current electrical stimulation device

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Had the bandage removed from the right eye yesterday. The vision in that eye is bright, sharp, with vibrant colors that I had forgotten existed. Then I noticed that he put in a lens to make me far sighted in that eye when I had made it a point that I need to be near sighted in both eyes. If something can go wrong... Still happy with the result, will try to get the other eye near sighted when the time comes.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
will try to get the other eye near sighted when the time comes.
That's usually the technique doctors down here use. They leave you with one near sighted eye, and the other far sighted. That way, they say, it minimizes the need to use glasses.... although when I ask them about the diminished distance perception capability and the cancellation of stereoscopic vision they normally give me a blank stare... I guess they're not used to people asking them things like that.

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
Yes, I showed that in one part of the drawing but apparently I left off the ground connection details in at least one of the drawings. Sorry for the confusion.
Necessary? No, you could do without it and use a separate power switch. But I had to buy the dual-gang pot anyway and the cost is essentially the same if you get a switch built into it.There is only one dual-gang pot. The built-in switch is used to switch the power while the variable resistors are for the output adjustment. It appears twice in the drawings, for clarity, but it's the same device.

A gap in the resistor numbers happens naturally in LTspice - it labels each resistor sequentially - when you delete a resistor and do not edit the remaining numbers. I was too lazy to make sure there was no gap.
Yes, I showed that in one part of the drawing but apparently I left off the ground connection details in at least one of the drawings. Sorry for the confusion.
Necessary? No, you could do without it and use a separate power switch. But I had to buy the dual-gang pot anyway and the cost is essentially the same if you get a switch built into it.There is only one dual-gang pot. The built-in switch is used to switch the power while the variable resistors are for the output adjustment. It appears twice in the drawings, for clarity, but it's the same device.

A gap in the resistor numbers happens naturally in LTspice - it labels each resistor sequentially - when you delete a resistor and do not edit the remaining numbers. I was too lazy to make sure there was no gap.
Dear Wayneh
Greetings
Thank you for the timely help. Sorry, I am a novice, hence disturbed you a lot. After receiving the IC's TLV272 I will able to complete the unit and will inform you accordingly. Thanking you

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
Dear Wayneh
Greetings
At the outset let me request your permission to submit the following request:
If it is possible for you to design a simple Voll instrument using a calibrated micro-ohmmeter to measure bioelectric impedance on certain acupuncture points located on the hands and feet in response to changes in the physiological functions of organs and structures of the body. This process also evaluates bioelectric impedance of acupuncture points when substances, such as medicines, herbs, supplements, and homeopathics are placed in the same electrical circuit with the patient (compatibility test), which will be of great help to reduce financial burden and stress due to unsolvable health problems please. Thanking you

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Dear Wayneh
Greetings
At the outset let me request your permission to submit the following request:
If it is possible for you to design a simple Voll instrument using a calibrated micro-ohmmeter to measure bioelectric impedance on certain acupuncture points located on the hands and feet in response to changes in the physiological functions of organs and structures of the body. This process also evaluates bioelectric impedance of acupuncture points when substances, such as medicines, herbs, supplements, and homeopathics are placed in the same electrical circuit with the patient (compatibility test), which will be of great help to reduce financial burden and stress due to unsolvable health problems please. Thanking you
To my knowledge, there is no scientific basis to such devices and they're strictly for psychological manipulation of the "patient" (victim?). If you can cite scientific papers that say otherwise, I suggest you start a thread on the topic. Be as specific as you can about what the device needs to accomplish.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
About 12 years ago I was blinded with cataracts and got the foggy old lenses replaces with synthetic ones. The next day up to today my vision is perfect.

On TV they advertise Doctor Ho (I doubt he is a doctor) showing his expensive machines that zap your muscles to make them twitch. I think it is much better to use your brain to do some real exercise.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
About 12 years ago I was blinded with cataracts and got the foggy old lenses replaces with synthetic ones. The next day up to today my vision is perfect.

On TV they advertise Doctor Ho (I doubt he is a doctor) showing his expensive machines that zap your muscles to make them twitch. I think it is much better to use your brain to do some real exercise.
Actually TENS and NMES are quite popular for muscle stimulation. The NMES versions are used to retrain the brain when nerve tissue has been cut or damaged. While I see Dr. Ho as selling well overpriced snake oil the concept of using electrical impulses for muscle stimulation is a very common and approved medical practice. When nerve tissue is severed there is no using the brain to do some real exercise, sort like trying to light a lamp using a severed extension cord which I am sure you can relate to. You may want to study the subject matter a little before offering non medical advice like "I think it is much better to use your brain to do some real exercise".

Ron

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
Dera Mr Wayneh,
Greetings
This one is the feed back from SD. I have successfully assembled the MC Device as per your circuit, layout and suggestions.
Initially I suffered due to faulty 556 IC (even though it is a new one). I separated the IC 556 pulse layout from the parent circuit and assembled on a breadboard to check the working condition of 556. After replacing the faulty 556 in the original pcb layout, it started working as expected. I do not have an oscilloscope to check the wave form. Nevertheless different on/off time of the indicator led indicates proper function of MC Device. please.
The a lot for the help.

Attachments

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
Dear Mr Wayneh
Greetings
At the outset I request you to kindly excuse me for the disturbance.
My assembled unit after cosmetic work is posted as attachments.
I need one clarification regarding the present device with reference to waveform obtained from STIM.
Is it possible to vary the fixed current to variable (from 100 to 400 ) along with the wave from as shown by STIM please
1574229229976.png

Attachments

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
Dear Mr. Wayneh
Gretings
Kindly permit me to put forward my one more request for further suggestion to change the 30-second triangle wave from rail-to-rail by changing the value of the resistance R4 to change the voltage on the timing capacitor C5 so that it will become 10 second triangle wave form. I am not having any appropriate instrument to optimize the respective resistance/capacitor values for ~10 second triangle wave form without change in other operational parameter values, hence this request please.

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
Dear Mr. Wayneh
Gretings
One more clarification please
Is it possible to use the same Op amp TLV272 circuit to control the out put current when the output frequency is at 1 KHz

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
If we read the data sheet I don't see why not.

Reads in part:
1 Features
  • Rail-to-Rail Output
  • Wide Bandwidth: 3 MHz
  • High Slew Rate: 2.4 V/µs
  • Supply Voltage Range: 2.7 V to 16 V
  • Supply Current: 550 µA/Channel
  • Input Noise Voltage: 39 nV/√Hz
  • Input Bias Current: 1 pA
  • Specified Temperature Range:
    • Commercial Grade: 0°C to 70°C
    • Industrial Grade: −40°C to 125°C
  • Ultrasmall Packaging:
    • 5-Pin SOT-23 (TLV271)
    • 8-Pin MSOP (TLV272)
  • Ideal Upgrade for TLC72x Family

A data sheet can pretty much tell us anything we want to know.

Ron

Chifa

Joined Jan 9, 2020
Hi,Do you have a Frequency specific microccurrent device (fsm) with 2 channels frequency. one for healing symptom and the others frequencies in relation with specific part of the body?if not can you build one please? because in the web it is very expensive.
Thank you,health be upon you

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi,Do you have a Frequency specific microccurrent device (fsm) with 2 channels frequency. one for healing symptom and the others frequencies in relation with specific part of the body?if not can you build one please? because in the web it is very expensive.
Thank you,health be upon you
In short, no.
Do you have evidence of safe and effective use of such a thing?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
because in the web it is very expensive.
I see these devices at Walmart for under $8.00 USD which is not expensive at all. I also see such devices online for below $25.00 USD again hardly expensive. TENS and NMES machines are easier bought than built and when bought include the necessary conductive pads, instructions and accessories.

Ron

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
That all reads like snake oil sales. But, it would be trivial to increase the frequency range of the circuit I showed, if you wanted to give it a try. You’d just change the RC timing components.
Dear Wayneh ji
Greetings
I am totally surprised to see your reply (snake oil); You, the man who provided an invaluable simple unit for one type of suffering without knowing its services to other sufferings too. Kindly do not mistake me over this. Normally if carbon is rejected just like a waste product, the chances of that carbon to transform into diamond will be zero. It does not mean that all that glitters is gold. But your valuable suggestions, by keeping aside your prejudice and following our hearts will certainly help us and certainly we are in need of the same please. Quote from Nikola Tesla: 'If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.

dheena0104

Joined Jul 10, 2019
Dear Chifa,
greetings
As Wayneh has suggested, the way to change the frequency is changing the RC timing components. How to read the selected frequency or frequencies without a display? One more thing is, you may need two units for two variable frequencies. Low cost two channel units are available in the market. Adjusting the frequencies now and then for a therapeutic use is time consuming. This and other things will frustrate you. If you are really interested and want to do the things without much frustration is, to use NCH tone generator, a free application. In the menu, stereo tab will able you to select two different frequencies and application time and also shape (square/triangle/sinusoidal). The out put of the computer or android phone can be connected to (after impedance match) Wayneh's TLV 272 OpAmp (not yet tried. A suggestion and possibility only please). For an impedance match and effective output current of 500 uA; We need Wayneh ji's help. Hope we will able to get it at the earliest.
Instead, If you are interested in pain management only, then Wayneh ji's unit is an outstanding one. Believe me