Micro-current electrical stimulation device

Discussion in 'The Completed Projects Collection' started by wayneh, Aug 15, 2016.

1. wayneh

Thread Starter Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    It would be awesome to share that here if you don't mind.
    Nice catch! Thanks for pointing it out. The schematic and the simulation is correct. It looks like I chose to use 3K resistors instead of the 10K in the simulation, but otherwise it's the reference. Looks like I put the wires from the 4017 to the op-amps in the wrong place on the drawing of the board. That's really disturbing but doo-doo happens. I wonder if anyone built one of these?

The corrected drawing is in post #26.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  2. Audioguru

Expert

Dec 20, 2007
    Sorry, I was distracted in the middle of looking here at your link over there. But I can't find the "random noise …" thread anymore.

3. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    Hey Wayneh
    Just saw your post on your electro-stimulation device. Was comparing it to some CES circuits I found some years back. Since then this same person added circuitry on TES. (CES - Cranial Electro Stimulation, TES - Trans-cranial Electro Stimulation)

In case you are interested in them they can be found HERE. When on the site, select "Wetware_PDF" and "WetWare_Zip" look for CES & TES.
    There are several circuits and some that use Tiny13, 25 uC's.

4. wayneh

Thread Starter Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Did you mean to provide a link?

5. wayneh

Thread Starter Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    I've reminded myself that the 3K resistors in my build set the minimum resistance the user can choose. They're in series with a ganged 10K pot, and the maximum resistance is thus 13K for each, which produces about 900µA as a maximum treatment current.

6. iONic

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    wayneh likes this.
  7. dheena0104

Jul 10, 2019
    Dear @wayneh
    Greetings
    Kindly let me to know the out put frequency of you micro-current unit. Is the frequency is 0.5Hz at bipolar micro-current which is <500 micro Amphere please

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
  8. dheena0104

Jul 10, 2019
    Dear Wayneh,
    greetings
    The provision at the power and adjustable out put in the circuit is confusing me a lot, because I am a novice to this field. If it is permissible and possible kindly let me to know clearly these circuit part please

9. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    I just noticed that the last time Wayneh was seen here was about two months ago. Other members who know the answer to dheena0104's question should not stand on ceremony if they can help now.

10. OBW0549

Distinguished Member

Mar 2, 2015
    According to this, he was last seen yesterday evening:

ScreenShot.png

11. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    In that case, stand as you please :)

I suspect things will be better after my eye surgery next month.

atferrari and OBW0549 like this.
  12. OBW0549

Distinguished Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Hope it goes well. I'll probably have to have some cataracts removed sometime in the next couple of years, am not looking forward to it...

DickCappels likes this.
  13. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    At least you can look forward to better eyesight ... ;)

OBW0549 likes this.
  14. dheena0104

Jul 10, 2019
    Dear Wayneh,
    Greetings
    After repeated reading of the circuit description provided below the circuit diagram under post#1, I am able to come to a conclusion that R8 (load) is body resistance (load body part). Because, out put connection of the dual pot (R10 and R11) is shown as an open end (dual pot pin 1, 1), I got confused.

The open end of dual pot pin has to be connected to negative terminal of the battery. Next is regarding the switch at the adjust out put dual pot. Is this switch in necessary? If this switch is for dual pot disconnection/connection, then when disconnected, how R10 and R11 (3 ohms each) will get connected to negative power terminal.

Finally, kindly permit me to have clarification regarding the dual pot provision at the in put power supply (6-12 V DC) please. Missed resistance order (R9 and R15) is observed in the circuit diagram and PCB component figure please.

15. dheena0104

Jul 10, 2019
    @wayneh

Dear learned members
    Greetings
    Kindly permit me to have the circuit diagram of the corrected micro-current unit, which was shown in post 28 please

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2019
  16. wayneh

Thread Starter Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Sorry @dheena0104 for the slow response. I've been taking a hiatus and just checked in today to find an old post of mine. I noticed an unread email and saw that @DickCappels had made that extra effort to catch my attention. It worked, and you can thank Dick for that.

Can you clearly restate your remaining questions? I'll do what I can to answer them but I don't want to waste your time and mine answering questions you'r not asking.

The correction made in #28 was to the diagram of the layout. As I commented in #61, the original schematic and the simulation based on it were correct. I just flubbed the layout drawing and had to correct it when a kind user pointed it out.

17. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I’ve had cataract surgery on both eyes. No issues and my sight was greatly improved after a few days. When my bandage was removed, I could see color and detail as if I was in my 20s.

DickCappels and OBW0549 like this.
  18. OBW0549

Distinguished Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for!

cmartinez and djsfantasi like this.
  19. dheena0104

Jul 10, 2019
    Dear Wayneh,
    Greetings
    Thank you for the kind reply and at the same time I request you to kindly bare with my novice questions. These are not questions but a request for clarification please.
    The open end of dual pot pin has to be connected to negative terminal of the battery. Next is regarding the switch at the adjust out put dual pot. Is this switch in necessary? If this switch is for dual pot disconnection/connection, then when disconnected, how R10 and R11 (3 ohms each) will get connected to negative power terminal.
    Finally, kindly permit me to have clarification regarding the dual pot provision at the in put power supply (6-12 V DC) please. Missed resistance order (R9 and R15) is observed in the circuit diagram and PCB component figure please.
    Started assembling the unit. Waiting for TLV272; Ordered through tanotis India
    Sorry for the disturbance please

20. wayneh

Thread Starter Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Yes, I showed that in one part of the drawing but apparently I left off the ground connection details in at least one of the drawings. Sorry for the confusion.
    Necessary? No, you could do without it and use a separate power switch. But I had to buy the dual-gang pot anyway and the cost is essentially the same if you get a switch built into it.
    There is only one dual-gang pot. The built-in switch is used to switch the power while the variable resistors are for the output adjustment. It appears twice in the drawings, for clarity, but it's the same device.

A gap in the resistor numbers happens naturally in LTspice - it labels each resistor sequentially - when you delete a resistor and do not edit the remaining numbers. I was too lazy to make sure there was no gap.