MCP6024 negative supply possibility

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Yes providing the negative input voltage is between -3.5 volts and - 6.5 volts . (Absolute maximum rail to rail voltage is 7.0 volts.) You need to read the data sheet to make sure it meets your requirements in other respects. You have not given any information about the aplication that you plan to use it for.

Les.

Janani_Rajkiran

Joined Nov 1, 2016
Yes providing the negative input voltage is between -3.5 volts and - 6.5 volts . (Absolute maximum rail to rail voltage is 7.0 volts.) You need to read the data sheet to make sure it meets your requirements in other respects. You have not given any information about the aplication that you plan to use it for.

Les.
i would like to use it to sense current through a shunt resistor. i would like to give a positive voltage of +3 (VDD) and negative voltage of -3(VSS). Is this feasible?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
No With only a negative supply that is not possible. Also you would be running the op amp at very close to it's maximum voltage rating. I would suggest using a different opamp.

Les.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I don't think that would be suitable either. You would be better off looking at the data sheets yourself as you know what you are trying to do and details of the schematic you plan to use. We have none of that information.

Les.