Matching Altium and manufacturing DRC technology

yef smith

Joined Aug 2, 2020
Hello,I want to input inside my Altium designer the DRC of a manufacturer shown in the link below. There are some importance settings i need to find but the terminology differs from ALTIUM to designers laws on its website.

I will sent a question to the manufacturer but i cant see what is the clearance definition for the manufacturer?
There is a tool of a manufacturer shown in the link below.
If i understand correctly 6/6 means 6mil width 6 mil space between traces finished copper of 1oz means that the thickness of the substrate is 0.035mm thickness. i chose some options as shown bellow .what happens when i pressed calculate? How can i get the clearance DRC from it?
Thanks.

Prototype PCB - Online PCB Quote - Full feature custom PCB prototype service at low cost - PCBWay
https://www.pcbway.com/capabilities.html
1693765292139.png1693765256418.png

Hi

1: "i cant see what is the clearance definition for the manufacturer? "
On the manufactors website you can see all the rules you have to put in Altium respectively tabs , the are many tabs in altium with especific rules in each area, clearence, sizes,.....

2: " 6/6 means 6mil width 6 mil space between traces finished copper of 1oz means that the thickness of the substrate is 0.035mm thickness. "
Yes. its correct.

3: " what happens when i pressed calculate? "
On the manufactors website? I never ordered from them (only from JLCPCB) but as i saw you select the minimum sizes for them calculare a price, probabily with you use a very small track (4mils) will cost more.

4: " How can i get the clearance DRC from it? "
You saying inside altium software? You can run the DRC in the tab "tools" and see the results or select in "tools" than "preferences" the option "DRC online"