LTspice simulation: RLC circuit with multiple banks firing into a single load

frustratedgrape20

Joined Mar 3, 2020
Hi,

I am trying to simulate the sequential discharge of 2 capacitor banks into a single RL load. Ideally, capacitor bank 1 should discharge at t=0 and bank 2 will begin to discharge 0.4 ms later. However, the simulation shows that only capacitor bank 1 is active. When both banks are initially charged up to 500V, bank 1 (left) discharges a peak current of ~14.7 kA whereas capacitor bank 2 (right) only discharges a peak current of 130 A. The schematic is attached below. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could identify the problem.

Thank you.

Attachments

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi,

I am trying to simulate the sequential discharge of 2 capacitor banks into a single RL load. Ideally, capacitor bank 1 should discharge at t=0 and bank 2 will begin to discharge 0.4 ms later. However, the simulation shows that only capacitor bank 1 is active. When both banks are initially charged up to 500V, bank 1 (left) discharges a peak current of ~14.7 kA whereas capacitor bank 2 (right) only discharges a peak current of 130 A. The schematic is attached below. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could identify the problem.

Thank you.
See attached.

1606595649856.png

Attachments