LTspice Error: Undefined symbol in: "<<voltage>>" on mac.

jennysmith

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Hey y'all! Hope you're having a great day!

I've spent an unnecessary amount of time trying to resolve this issue. I'm pretty new to LTspice and I wanna simply change the x-axis to show voltage instead of time, but it just doesn't seem to work (I'm running the program on mac). As you can see in the pictures, I can edit the values of Left, Tick and right when the plotted quantity is "time", but when I try another plotted quantity (i.e voltage) it doesn't allow me to change the previous fields, as well as displaying the mentioned error, like it doesn't recognize the word "voltage" or something.

How can I change the x-axis to display the voltage? Does LTspice have another word for "voltage" that I'm unaware of?

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
LTspice doesn't recognize the word "voltage" or know what voltage you want to plot.
For that you need to use the expression V(node) where node is the voltage to plot.
To make it clearer on the plot, you can label the node using Edit/Label Net.
Thus if you labeled the node "In" you would plot V(In).

jennysmith

Joined Apr 25, 2020
LTspice doesn't recognize the word "voltage" or know what voltage you want to plot.
For that you need to use the expression V(node) where node is the voltage to plot.
To make it clearer on the plot, you can label the node using Edit/Label Net.
Thus if you labeled the node "In" you would plot V(In).
It worked! Thank you so so much!