LTspice DPDT Relay Model

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
"rly_name" is the default name of the component. If I change the name to "SPDT" the error message changes and replaces "rly_name" with "SPDT"
Look in the relay.lib file and find the name of the .subckt you want to use. Then set the symbol “value” property to the same name.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Placed relay.lib in the sub folder.
Which sub folder did you use? On Win10, LTspice gets installed in your chosen location but copies itself to your Documents folder. When running a sim, by default it looks for files only in Documents.
Did you use the .include relay.lib directive on your schematic?

gregeeh

Joined Oct 19, 2021
Which sub folder did you use? On Win10, LTspice gets installed in your chosen location but copies itself to your Documents folder. When running a sim, by default it looks for files only in Documents.
Did you use the .include relay.lib directive on your schematic?
Yes, it was installed in the sub folder in Documents, and if I remove or rename it I get a message saying it cannot be found. Including the directive makes no difference. BTW - This is Windows 11 if it makes a difference.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
There is a relay.lib file in the sub directory in documents and a Relays Folder (containing 8 *.asy files) in the sym directory, also in Documents.
OK....
A. Which .asy file do you want to use?

AND

B. Which relay model do you want to use?
1. You have to identify a specific model name, and the only way you can do that is to look in the relay.lib file and find the model name you want to use. It is identified by the name next to each ".subckt" statement in the relay.lib file.
2. Each model is specifically designed for a specific .asy file, so you will need to know which one to use.

If you know A or B, I can help you find the match.