LTspice DPDT Relay Model

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013

Attachments

Last edited:

gregeeh

Joined Oct 19, 2021
OK...by reviewing the datasheet, change the relay symbol attributes to the following values:

VNOM=12 RCOIL=1000 VON=0.75 VOFF=0.083 RON=150m TON=1m

Change the V1 PULSE voltage source "VON" parameter value to 12

But wait....we will have to change the symbol and model to a Form A type relay.
Thank you this all works very nicely. Much appreciate your help.

Can you tell me what's wrong with the original Relays.zip and relay.lib on the first page of this thread and why it did not work for me?

Thanks again :)

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Thank you this all works very nicely. Much appreciate your help.

Can you tell me what's wrong with the original Relays.zip and relay.lib on the first page of this thread and why it did not work for me?

Thanks again :)
I think there was some confusion about which/who's symbols and model files you were using. There is so many models in this thread it is easy to get confused. So a number of things could have been wrong.
Basically, if you put the .lib file in the sub folder, and the .asy file in the sym folder, you should be able to graphically pick and place the symbol from the component selector. You would still have to set parameters in the symbol though. How easy it is really depends on how user friendly the library part was designed.

mn860618

Joined Mar 6, 2022
I just generated a functional simulation model for a DPDT relay symbol I had previously downloaded (both attached).
It includes an approximate 15ms open and close delay to simulate the mechanical relay operation.
I'm posting it for others to use because I wasn't able to locate such a model elsewhere.
I've also posted it in the Yahoo LTspice Users Group.

Edit: The .asy file can be put in the sym/Misc folder, and the .sub file goes in the sub folder.
Hi, I copyed files to folders and my program does not see thems... Is there anything should do...