LTSpice computer requirements

mac72

Joined Mar 23, 2013
Hi

I am quite new to analogue circuit design. I have downloaded LTSpice from Analog Devices website (the latest version) but I cant't run the program--it comes up with an error about a "win32.exe" file being incompatible.

My laptop is 10 years old, running Windows 7 (HP Pavillion).

I would be very grateful if someone could advise on what computer spec I would need to run latest version of LTSpice. I am going to buy new laptop but not sure what will I need.

Many thanks
Mac

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi mac,
I had the same problem using Win XP Pro, I had to upgrade to Win 10 in order to run the latest LTS software.

You can up upgrade to Windows 10 using online sources.
E

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I would be very grateful if someone could advise on what computer spec I would need to run latest version of LTSpice. I am going to buy new laptop but not sure what will I need.
I run LTspice on a 10 year old laptop running Win10. I never tried running it when the laptop was running Win7 or Win8; didn't start using LTspice until 2-3 years ago.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
LTspice XVII comes in two versions. One for running on machines with a 32-bit architecture and one for running on machines with a 64 bit architecture. The .exe filenames are different.
  1. XVIIx86.exe is the one for older machines with a 32-bit architecture
  2. XVIIx64.exe is the one for newer machines with a 64-bit architecture
The standard download should put both files in C:\Program Files\LTC\LtspiceXVII\. There shouldn't be anything in C:\Program Files (x86)\. from LTC or Analog Devices

mac72

Joined Mar 23, 2013
LTspice XVII comes in two versions. One for running on machines with a 32-bit architecture and one for running on machines with a 64 bit architecture. The .exe filenames are different.
  1. XVIIx86.exe is the one for older machines with a 32-bit architecture
  2. XVIIx64.exe is the one for newer machines with a 64-bit architecture
The standard download should put both files in C:\Program Files\LTC\LtspiceXVII\. There shouldn't be anything in C:\Program Files (x86)\. from LTC or Analog Devices
THANKS