LT Spice has not been updated in 1700 days.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Got the following message:
1603733310385.png
After finding the "Operation Tab" and clicking the "Software Update" button I got this error message:
1603733816444.png
Notice the "Error downloading new LTspiceIV.dmg" notice.

Tried a few times and still can't get it to download. Can't win even when I'm on a winning streak.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
And now it's worse!
1603734426930.png
Tried downloading ltspiceiv.dmg and got the new message.
1603734479346.png
Clicking on the dmg just opens the spice installation file. After having downloaded it I got the above warning. When I go through all that "updating" stuff I get the former error message above.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
And now it's worse!
View attachment 220688
Tried downloading ltspiceiv.dmg and got the new message.
View attachment 220689
Clicking on the dmg just opens the spice installation file. After having downloaded it I got the above warning. When I go through all that "updating" stuff I get the former error message above.
I don’t like the change in the error message! Obviously, 552 days haven’t passed between your two attempts.

I’d backup your project and library directories and UNINSTALL LTSpice. Delete any ancillary directories (except your backups). If you can, edit all hives, backup up the keys and deleting the data from the registry.

Download a fresh install (from LTSpice) and start over

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I think it changed hands since then... Use the link I provided as I think that is the latest repository?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I may do that - upload a new version after I back up all my files (not that many to be honest). Uninstall all remnants of version 4 and then start over. It's just that it takes so much more brain power than I care to put into it. I know - I know, I get out of it what I put into it. It will happen. Just not this morning.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I may do that - upload a new version after I back up all my files (not that many to be honest). Uninstall all remnants of version 4 and then start over. It's just that it takes so much more brain power than I care to put into it. I know - I know, I get out of it what I put into it. It will happen. Just not this morning.
I believe that your problem may be related to EOS (End Of Support) on LTspice IV and broken links to domains taken out by Linear Technology that are not being maintained by Analog Devices.
It is probably also the case that your LTspice is not running on a Windows machine since .dmg is not a windows centric file type when it comes to installations. that makes the advice to download a Windows version ....ah suspect -- to say the least.