Low Voltage - high current?

Luka Ćorić

Joined Aug 11, 2015
Hello everybody...

I am working on some project were piezo crystal needs to oscillate to 30KHz..
I set up the 555 chip in astable mode to work on 30KHz, but I don't have enough current..

So main question is: How can I get the 100W on the output of 555 chip with the 10-16V.

I mean how can I get high current of 5-10Amps with specified voltage...
Can someone provide me some circuit and components that I need to use...

If you need any detailed info about this, fell free to ask.. I will provide any info needed...

Andy help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Luka Ćorić

Joined Aug 11, 2015
It's not really rated crystal.. But it can handle 100Watts... It's a tape shape piezo...
If i put the piezo only on the 555 output on the frequency I can hear lets say 5Hz..
I hear the piezo ticking...

Of course I can't hear it on the freq above 20KHz but 555 timer sends those pulses, know I just need to amplify them...

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Is the natural resonance of the piezo supposed to set the frequency? If so, then the 555 is redundant. What you need is a power oscillator like is used in an ultrasonic cleaner.

Luka Ćorić

Joined Aug 11, 2015
The 555 timer is in astable and he sending the output pulses to the piezo.
Now I just need to give him more current.

Unless I am missing something here?
I don't know does he have some sort of natural frequency, do You have any schematic of that power oscillator?

I attached pic... My piezo is simmilar to this one.

Attachments

Luka Ćorić

Joined Aug 11, 2015
Well according to information I have. Piezo takes 8W for cm^2.
My piezo dimensions are:

1.4 x 8.5 = 11.9 cm^2
8W x 11.9 cm^2 = 95.2W

Unless my info are not correct???

So are you telling me that if I put my piezo at 30KHz with 5W and put the drop of water on it, I will see the power of 30KHz??

Luka Ćorić

Joined Aug 11, 2015
I checked part num. on my piezo and I didnt get any results on Google. Part number is: 20H14-015D

Informations I have for power dosen't have to be true....so if anyone has more reliable please post them.