Low-Current, High Voltage, High Speed Supply?

ASmartGoldfish

Joined Jan 7, 2017
Hello all, thanks in advance for helping me out.

I am trying to test some medical equipment (hobby only) and was trying to find product that could do the following:
Need --
Voltage supply: 0-500v
Current: 0-25mA
Response: >10kz (unsure of how to describe this, I need to put a couple square waveforms within 1ms)

Would like --
Controlled: Programmed micro-controller (language agnostic)
Size: less than 1lb if possible.

Is there anything out there that does this for hobbyist projects? I found a bunch of solutions (including some on this forum) that would work nicely, minus the 500v requirement.

Thank again for the help.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I agree. A power supply and a waveform generator are two different animals. There are so many thousands of possible combinations of voltage, current, and frequency that you won't find them both in one box, let alone optimized for minimum weight. The imagined manufacturer wouldn't sell 3 of what you're asking for. It's a custom design.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
If you could talk some about the medical equipment and links, it would be more helpful.

Probably you need an amplifier and it can be amplify the Vin signal to 0-500V, frequency response is 10Khz (1ms = 1Khz), current output is 25mA.

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
Hi,

Can you give a little info of what medical equipment you are trying to assemble.

It is a wide coverage of a kind medical equipment to involved in the topics if we dont know it.

And to what purpose it to be use.....and in what parts of the human body it will apply.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
an opamp + open collector will do.
Since the output power is 12.5W maximum, I would suggest an op amp with a push-pull output buffer connected to a 500V supply.

Alternately an audio amp driving a high frequency (custom) step-up transformer.