Looking for Circuit Simulation Software

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
Moderator's note: This thread is a continuation of the thread at the link below.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...d-pcb-wireing-of-parts-using-fritzing.136107/

am looking for circuit simulation software so that i can add a battery and simple led and then preview the work if it works or not , and test the wiring of the battery the wrong way to se if the software tells me its wrong or shows battery failing sum like that.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I gave you a link for LtSpice, had you taken the time to read it then you would already know that LtSpice will run simulations. Try reading and understanding the links once in awhile.
LTspice is a high performance SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators. Our enhancements to SPICE have made simulating switching regulators extremely fast compared to normal SPICE simulators, allowing the user to view waveforms for most switching regulators in just a few minutes. Included in this download are LTspice, Macro Models for majority of Linear Technology's switching regulators, over 200 op amp models, as well as resistors, transistors and MOSFET models.
Running any simulation software has a steep learning curve. You also need to learn how to add third party models. You also need to be able to use basic math functions which is true with any simulation software.

Ron

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
LTspice is the most commonly used one here (and maybe anywhere), so the odds of someone being able to help you with it are much greater. There are others, including online ones, that have advantages but they aren't as widely used. They might be better for simple circuits though, and look nicer.

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
9v batter
1 resistors
1 led

did i do good or bad and is this the right way of getting this lit.

a Rob

Joined May 14, 2017
thank u so much .

does that mean i did it the right way,wiring and adding the correct voltage ,power and parts ?.

also if it shows lots of colors on the led diode does that mean the led is blown, is this what that color means.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It depends on what your definition of "correct" is. The LED lights -that's the main point of the exercise. Now maybe you would like to see whether or not you can set the current to something that is compatible with small LEDs, such at 15 millimaps.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yup, that was my only 'complaint'. A typical LED might be damaged by a current over 25mA or so. The simulation software may not reflect that.