(Load cell) Develop a circuit that reduces the non-linearity error and that does not rely on semicon

Essatron

Joined Oct 6, 2019
I am working on a project to develop a circuit that reduces the non-linearity error and that does not rely on semiconductor
strain gages. The ability to easily correct non-linearity errors inherent in column load cells using
a circuit attached to the wheatstone bridge will create a product that out-performs typical
product without the difficulties associated with the addition of semi-conductor gages to
achieve better non-linearity performance.

I already have the circuit but I would like some information regarding the parts like Gage that I will be use and prices, also if there any good sources that will help me to build this circuit.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am working on a project to develop a circuit that reduces the non-linearity error and that does not rely on semiconductor
strain gages. The ability to easily correct non-linearity errors inherent in column load cells using
a circuit attached to the wheatstone bridge will create a product that out-performs typical
product without the difficulties associated with the addition of semi-conductor gages to
achieve better non-linearity performance.

I already have the circuit but I would like some information regarding the parts like Gage that I will be use and prices, also if there any good sources that will help me to build this circuit.
A schematic diagram and a bill of materials would be helpful in answering your query. Would it be too much trouble to provide them?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
Have you done any research to find suitable non-semiconductor strain-gauges?
Will the gauges have to resolve loads in the microgram range or the tonnes range or ......?
What environmental conditions will the gauges have to cope with?
What is your budget for them?

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
There is a classic technique, originally patented by Raython I think, that
takes out linearity errors.

1571919268026.png

Regards, Dana.