Linear IC

mmafn

Joined May 21, 2006
Dear Friends

I need to know of there exist a linear IC with 40 Pin, and if such IC exist is there any IC tester to test such IC.

Best Regards
Mohammad

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by mmafn@May 21 2006, 01:47 PM
Dear Friends

I need to know of there exist a linear IC with 40 Pin, and if such IC exist is there any IC tester to test such IC.

Best Regards
Mohammad
[post=17262]Quoted post[/post]​
It would help narrow the search significantly if you could identify what linear circuitry you expect this 40-pin device to contain.

One answer to your question would be that there are companies who are in the business of designing custom linear/analog integrated circuits of varying complexity. The same companies can mount the circuit into any package that you would like.

As for testing such an integrated circuit, it would be left up to you as the designer of the circuit to also design a means of testing the circuit for compliance to your specification.

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
As hgmjr has pointed out, the testing of any IC is often application specific dependant on the design requirements. Therefore, you will need to provide more information regarding what you require the IC to do.

Having said that, 40-pin ICs are fairly rare, so chances are that are looking more towards a full/semi-custom chip or a microcontroller IC, e.g the PIC 18LF452 microcontroller from Microchip is a 40-pin IC.

Dave

mmafn

Joined May 21, 2006
Originally posted by Dave@May 22 2006, 10:33 AM
As hgmjr has pointed out, the testing of any IC is often application specific dependant on the design requirements. Therefore, you will need to provide more information regarding what you require the IC to do.

Having said that, 40-pin ICs are fairly rare, so chances are that are looking more towards a full/semi-custom chip or a microcontroller IC, e.g the PIC 18LF452 microcontroller from Microchip is a 40-pin IC.

Dave
[post=17270]Quoted post[/post]​
Dear Friends

Thank you for your reply.

as i know there is Digital IC with 40-Pin, but what i need to know if there is Linear IC with 40-Pin from any type.

best regards

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
mmfan,

Do you have the IC in front of you or are you looking for a 40 pin IC?

If you have the IC in front of you, can you tell us the identification number(s) on it?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Given that at this moment I can only think of op amps as an example of a pure linear IC, then I'm not sure that a 40-pin device exists. Unless, we are considering the possibility of an integrated linear IC as part of a 40-pin ADC or multivibrator IC package.

Dave