Limit switches on gate project

AF1

Joined Dec 6, 2018
Hi, I'm new to this Forum.

I want to fit ME-8108 limit switches to my Gate Project.
What can I put in the circuit to release the signal immediately after the Stop signal has been sent from the switch to trigger the Control Board to stop the motor - so that when the Start instruction is received by the board from the remote control, it is not over-ridden by the Stop signal.

Thanks

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
What gate?
What project?
What controller?
What operating voltage?

You probably need a monostable circuit. From you tiny description it looks like a standard 555 circuit will not work in your application, but a modified version might.

ak

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
As the actuators are DC I think they will be reversed by reversing the polarity. If so then the limit switches can just be connected in series with the actuator each with a diode (In the correct polarity.) in parallel with the contact that opens when actuated. To save others the trouble of having to search for informatin that the TS did not bother to supply. Here are links to informaion on the control board APC-CBSW24 and the limit switch ME-8108.
The last line of the APC-CBSW24 specifications for the motor output suggests that the limit switches are connected in series with the motor.

Les.

AF1

Joined Dec 6, 2018
As the actuators are DC I think they will be reversed by reversing the polarity. If so then the limit switches can just be connected in series with the actuator each with a diode (In the correct polarity.) in parallel with the contact that opens when actuated. To save others the trouble of having to search for informatin that the TS did not bother to supply. Here are links to informaion on the control board APC-CBSW24 and the limit switch ME-8108.
The last line of the APC-CBSW24 specifications for the motor output suggests that the limit switches are connected in series with the motor.

Les.
Thanks Les
I dont think so. The signal from the limit switch needs to be broken/cleared before the gate board can respond to the next command.
I have ordered 2 of the Trigger Timer Boards above but can probably use just one for both signals.
Thank you all