length of a required stub

retired flyer

Joined Aug 3, 2014
In a transmission line I determined the length of the stub to be 2.81 inches. What would the length be if the stub were shorted? Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Walter

Last edited:

retired flyer

Joined Aug 3, 2014
Thank you for answering my previous question. Maybe you have the answer to another question that I am having trouble finding an answer to. "A 150 ohm transmission line is terminated into an antenna with an unknown impedance. Power delivered to the antenna is 600 watts ; what is the SWR"

Regards,
Walter

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Thank you for answering my previous question. Maybe you have the answer to another question that I am having trouble finding an answer to. "A 150 ohm transmission line is terminated into an antenna with an unknown impedance. Power delivered to the antenna is 600 watts ; what is the SWR"
Is this homework or a project?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

Regards,
Walter
I think it is untoward to repost the identical question in another thread just because you didn't like the first answer. There is not enough information to answer your question. You need the impedance of the antenna or the reflected power. What's the matter with you?

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
In a transmission line I determined the length of the stub to be 2.81 inches. What would the length be if the stub were shorted? Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Walter
Assuming the stub is a matching "device" having the necessary complex impedance at the frequency of interest - to get the same stub impedance a shorted stub would need to be a quarter wavelength longer than an open stub.

retired flyer

Joined Aug 3, 2014
There is nothing wrong with me. I just want more than one persons input to my question. What is the matter with you that you have to be rude?