LED driver using Flyback

Adaweee

Joined Apr 17, 2023
hii, i need help for my project which is i have design a closed loop flyback converter with 3W, 350mA, 10.5V for my output and the input should be varying from 9V-24V, my current should be constant 350mA and also my 10.5V, but as you can see, my output voltage and current also increased. The output current just constant with the voltage and not with the varying input voltage. I also want to know, why my voltage is -ve? 1684679417782.png
1684679509493.png

1684679526493.png

1684679541144.png

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Why are you using a flyback converter for that?
Normally a flyback is used when you need input-output isolation, or need an output voltage much higher than the input voltage.
Also flybacks have poorer conversion efficiency than buck or boost converters.

You say its a closed-loop converter but the output is open loop and the LED current will vary with the characteristics of the particular LEDs you use.
Your output is constant-voltage, not constant-current.

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
Normally a flyback is used when you need input-output isolation, or need an output voltage much higher than the input voltage.

You say its a closed-loop converter but the output is open loop and the LED current will vary with the characteristics of the particular LEDs you use.
True, just looking at the parts datasheet it appears per a typical application to want a feedback path, thus the sense winding.

1684681757983.png

Adaweee

Joined Apr 17, 2023

i just doing some research for my project for this flyback converter. yea i also dont know what im doing , completely lost hahah

dcbingaman

Joined Jun 30, 2021
If you are not to concerned about efficiency, you can also use a Linear regulator with current feedback (this is modified from the circuit ronsimpson posted using the LT3065). I just changed it to use current feedback.

1684709770401.png

Attachments

Last edited:

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
1) Should not have 24V directly on VCC so I added R11, which charges up C8. There is a little delay. When the supply is running it is powered by the LED voltage. I would make C8 10uF but it makes the delay in SPICE too long.
2) Changed the use of R4 to make the PWM regulate at 1V. Changed R9 to compensate. Now there is only 1V loss in R9.
1684715634740.png

Attachments

Adaweee

Joined Apr 17, 2023
1) Should not have 24V directly on VCC so I added R11, which charges up C8. There is a little delay. When the supply is running it is powered by the LED voltage. I would make C8 10uF but it makes the delay in SPICE too long.
2) Changed the use of R4 to make the PWM regulate at 1V. Changed R9 to compensate. Now there is only 1V loss in R9.
View attachment 294689
[/QUO

Thank you so much everyone!!! i really appreciate it :')
May god bless u all, thank you so much!

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Because it concern course work your thread has been moved to the Homework Help forum. AAC rules limit the kind of help that members can provide in such cases to guidance concerning your own solution. For that reason all course work related posts must be to the Homework Help forum to make the nature of the question clear.

Good luck on your project.

Adaweee

Joined Apr 17, 2023
View attachment 294689
what should i consider if i want to change the output voltage? because the output voltage is to high