LCD CLEANER - ANYH SUGGESTIONS???

davemack

Joined Jun 14, 2004
Hello everyone! For the most part i am a guitar effect pedal hobbyist.

However, I am having reservations about abotu cleaning my LCD sreen.

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT I SHOULD USE? GLASS CLEANER? ALCOHOL? CONCERNTRATED? HOW DILUTE ETC?

i just don't want to destroy my computer screen.

thanks for you help

dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Anything that won't eat through the glass will do the trick. Glass cleaner works fine. The screen is sealed, so nothing you do is likely to harm anything.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Don't they say if your unsure about what to clean something with, use soapy water - but do be careful not to allow water to ingress into the electronic contents of the screen!!

nagasa

Joined Jun 20, 2004
Try to find a product called Plexus Plastic Cleaner.

Most laptop and desktop LCD screend have a plastic anti glair coating on them that can scratch easily, so use a soft, clean lint free towel, NOT a paper towel and NOT a towel with polyester threads (just avoid the seams on most household towels and you'll be fine).

I don't know how previlant Plexus is with local hardware stores just yet, but the secret has been out about it for a while (it was originally designed to clean F-16 canopies, then motorcycle guys started using it on their visors, then convertable car oners discovered it for the rear plastic windows...). If worse comes to worse, any local motorcycle shop will have it or Google it.

Greg