L-Match Information Desired

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Greetings!

I've been trying to learn about the why's and wherefore's of the L-Match and similar arrangements. I've found several variations on the basic theme and explanations of how they differ, but nothing so far on the basic circuit itself.

I've also found nifty Java applets that claim to be able to solve related equations, but I've not found the equations themselves.

Can anyone suggest a website or library book that would detail the operational theory of basic L-Match and Z-Match networks?

Thank you.

David Bridgen

Joined Feb 10, 2005
Originally posted by thingmaker3@Jun 6 2005, 05:35 PM
Greetings!

I've been trying to learn about the why's and wherefore's of the L-Match and similar arrangements. I've found several variations on the basic theme and explanations of how they differ, but nothing so far on the basic circuit itself.

I've also found nifty Java applets that claim to be able to solve related equations, but I've not found the equations themselves.

Can anyone suggest a website or library book that would detail the operational theory of basic L-Match and Z-Match networks?

Thank you.
[post=8258]Quoted post[/post]​
The L match is so-called because its two elements, an inductance and a capacitance, look like the letter "L" when drawn in a circuit.

As far as I know this is not true of the Z Match, which is an antenna tuner, insofar as I believe the Z simply represents "impedance."

The well known and respected book "RF Circuit Design" by Chris Bowick, ISBN 0-672-21868-2, explains matching with an L network rather well.