Just got my COVID vaccine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
My calculation was possible fatal blood clots so it's the same as @djsfantasi
I don't think of it that way because there could be more people who have blood clots that haven't been diagnosed.

Counting the chickens that have hatched, there's one death.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The J&J decision to continue IMO in a few days will be a value judgment because the science is already clear that the benefits far outweigh the risks for most people.
Yes, and the bureaucrats have publicly admitted that the decision to pull it temporarily was made to value-signal, to demonstrate they are watching, caring and not just cramming it down regardless of the risks.

In that respect, if they're right about the psychology, the decision might increase acceptance. Little downside to briefly halt something that's barely moving anyway.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
does anyone have the details to hand as to the different vaccines and the side effects of them.
I'd love to see a table of them all would be a great comparison,

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Just got my Moderna Vaccination now the count down begins till my next shot.

In 28 days.

Hope it doesn’t go like this...........

kv

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
My 87 year old mom is getting her second dose Tuesday morning. And my wife and I are getting our first pfizer shot on either Wednesday or Thursday, depending on our assigned schedules.

I'm looking forward to getting this done and over with. At least for the duration of this year.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
My 87 year old mom is getting her second dose Tuesday morning. And my wife and I are getting our first pfizer shot on either Wednesday or Thursday, depending on our assigned schedules.

I'm looking forward to getting this done and over with. At least for the duration of this year.
Bless her heart. Sadly my mom took her leave at the young age of 62 more than 30 years ago. I miss her greatly and I hope she would be proud of me.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Bless her heart. Sadly my mom took her leave at the young age of 62 more than 30 years ago. I miss her greatly and I hope she would be proud of me.
Judging from what very little I know about you, I'm sure she'd be. Simply because you would've liked her to.

My dad also passed away almost 30 years ago (March 1992) at the even younger age of 60. He was a Pediatrician, and contracted Hep-C and unfortunately lost his fight against it. Back in the day there was no legislation regarding organ transplants in our state. I mean, the legal concept existed on paper, but a proper legal procedure had never been instated. When he was in his last phase, we found a donor (a 5 year old kid who was brain dead, and his parents offered his organs for donation... God bless their souls) but the DA blocked the procedure arguing legal technicalities.

When my father passed away, his case hit the newspapers and the DA was forced to resign on the grounds of incompetence and poor judgement.

His case triggered a thorough evaluation on the legal aspects of organ transplants in our state and a complete set of laws were then proclaimed covering all the requirements to make sure that a similar tragedy would never happen again.

Even in death my dad is still saving lives... I certainly hope that he'd be proud of me. But I can tell you that I'm sure as hell even prouder of him.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Any severe side effects yet? I had a migraine the day after I got my second shot. Less injection site soreness and I didn't feel the needle. Also had chills and burning ears for a day.
I literally just got it an hour before my post so I won't know for a while. I sure hope not...

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I had no remarkable aftereffects from the 2nd Moderna dose. Not even the sore injection site that I had from the 1st dose that lasted a few days. Slight soreness for maybe a day.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I got my 2nd Pfizer jab two weeks ago and was prepared for a down day or two. A recent shingles vaccine gave me a 103°F fever for a few hours and I was expecting no less. Turns out to have been nothing. I could feel a little hardness around the injection, less than the first one, and that was about it. No aches, chills, fever or any of that.

It's great having it over with. I've never been terribly afraid of this thing but I did have my guard up. You don't think about it until someone invades your space and then you realize you were being vigilant without really thinking about it. That's gone now. No fear about passing by or even bumping into someone. Nice.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Friend of mine came by today, I am 15 days in after the shot still I’m very reluctant to come into contact or be around anyone in a small closed space. I have until the 21st to get the second. He just lost his mother (Natural Causes) he’s trying to stay away from that drug culture, but he’s a guitarist knows the wrong people, good at construction nice guy, which is his problem, how do I just blurt out I don’t want to be around anyone till after the 2nd shot, I’ve isolated myself from my grandchildren. But, I think I should be honest, after that we can work together on some projects at my house. I’m sure he could use the money, living off a small Social Security Check.

kv

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Friend of mine came by today, I am 15 days in after the shot still I’m very reluctant to come into contact or be around anyone in a small closed space. I have until the 21st to get the second. He just lost his mother (Natural Causes) he’s trying to stay away from that drug culture, but he’s a guitarist knows the wrong people, good at construction nice guy, which is his problem, how do I just blurt out I don’t want to be around anyone till after the 2nd shot, I’ve isolated myself from my grandchildren. But, I think I should be honest, after that we can work together on some projects at my house. I’m sure he could use the money, living off a small Social Security Check.

kv
Are oyu willing to spend some time with him masked and outdoors? That would at least give him some contact with people. Then when you are ready to work indoors with him you can do that.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
From what I understand, even after the 2nd dose you are not 100% immune. Like the Flu shot, it lessens the chance of getting it and attenuates the severity if infected. So we will still be wearing masks and keeping out distance (maybe, lots of folks here never have). I do notice that I am a bit less attentive to masking up when we have workers in the house even though the wife won't let them in without one. I know getting it took a bit of gloom and doom away and improved my overall mood. Still taking a wait and see attitude though...

Status
Not open for further replies.